Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

DIY Bridal Bouquet Part 3: Getting a Grip!

My bridal bouquet is officially complete! Remember way back when I hinted to the handle decoration and even gave a sneak peek to my "something blue"? Well, I've finally received my special adornments from my Ebay shopping excursion.

I planned to do two gold lockets to display photos of family members that will not be able to join Mr. Lab and I on our special day (although I know they'll be there in spirit). One locket would hold a photo of my grandmother who passed away a couple years ago and a photo of my dad who passed away when I was 14. The other locket would hold a photo of Mr. Lab's late father and his mother's twin sister who passed shortly after FSIL's wedding. But when the seller backed out of my purchase because he had misplaced the items since the close of the auction, I decided to go another route.

I was just doing a routine "locket brooch" search when I came across the Coro locket. These gorgeous lockets hold not 2, but 4 photos at once! And many of them are more fancy looking than regular brooch-style lockets. Isn't it just fabulous?



The locket on my bouquet handle.

Then there's my something blue (and something sparkly) on the front of the bouquet:


With these small additions, I am officially done with the bridal accessories! I'll let you know soon what my other accessories are (jewelry, clutch, and shoes, oh my!)!

Will your bouquet have any special or sentimental adornments?

3 comments:

  1. i did 3 lockets on my bouquet!! it was a huge hit! my mom-in-law even brought my bouquet around to all the tables at the reception to show everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! That's so sweet! I hope my MIL loves my bouquet that much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....it's beautiful! I haven't gotten that far in the thought process, but it certainly is something to consider.

    ReplyDelete