Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Semi-DIY Invitations: It's What's Inside That Counts!

I've already shown you the "basic" invitation we sent to our guests. However, for a few special people, "deluxe" invitations were found in mailboxes.

The full "suite": stamped and "fauxligraphy" addressed envelopes, front and back of the wedding invitation, wedding map, liner, rehearsal dinner and bridesmaids' brunch invitations.

I held off sending invitations to anyone in our wedding party or family that would be attending the rehearsal dinner and/or bridesmaids' brunch to save on postage (I also hand-delivered invitations to people I see on a regular basis to do the same).

For the rehearsal dinner and bridesmaids' brunch (a tea party!) invitations, I really wanted to give my guests a sneak peek into what was in store for the events. So I found "templates" (aka, I may have gotten a little creative using some Google images...) online for both and printed them using Zazzle.com.

Rehearsal Dinner:


Bridesmaids' Brunch:


Now that you've seen all of the invitations, it's time to find out how much they cost. To be completely honest, this is the first time I've added all of it up. I was getting down to the invitation deadline wire and that meant being less picky about prices and just wanting to get them done and out the door.

Labrador Invitation Cost Breakdown:

Wedding Invitation Design: $18 (includes iStockPhoto image credits)
Map Design: $0
90 Wedding Invitations & Maps printed by Vista Print: $89.52 (includes envelopes I didn't use)
Rehearsal Dinner & Bridesmaids' Brunch Invitation Design: $0
20 Rehearsal Dinner & 10 Bridesmaids' Brunch Invitations printed by Zazzle: $36.95
100 Shimmer Chocolate Envelopes from Paper Source: $54 (10% discount for ordering 10 packs)
10 Taupe Brocade Liners from PS: $25 (1/2 off sale + 10% discount for ordering 10 sheets)
Liner template from PS: $9.50
USPS "Vintage" Stamps (20 Silver Coffeepot, 100 Tiffany Lamp, 20 American Toleware, 20 Chippendale Chair, 80 Green Wedding Hearts) : $38
Metallic Gold Pen: $4

Grand Total: $274.97
Cost Per Invitation (90): $3.06

These numbers are really skewed because I overestimated supplies so much. For instance, I only ended up sending about 65 invitations because many were addressed to couples or households. I have left over liners because I was able to squeeze so many onto each sheet. I also have leftover stuff I can use for future projects like my liner template, stamps, and envelopes. So I'm guessing the real cost is more like $2.50 or less per invitation. Nonetheless, I'm still out $274.97, but I think that's a more than reasonable price to pay for my "babies", don't cha think? Plus, I'd rather have leftovers than not enough! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment