Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Filling Our Love Letter Box

I've finally found a wine to put in our love letter box! It tooks months of research but it's finally on our way!

The reason it was so hard to find a suitable wine was because I had so many criteria:

-It has to age well. We don't plan on cracking this thing open for awhile! But we did agree that we would open it on our 15th anniversary so it won't spoil. We would then replace it with a wine from our wedding year and close up the box again without reading the love letters.
-It has to be from either 2009 (the year we marry) or 2005 (the year we met).
-It has to be light and fruity because Mr. Lab isn't much of a wine drinker and that's all he likes.
-It has to have a pretty bottle. Naturally. :)
-It has to be relatively inexpensive.
-It has to be highly rated to ensure quality and taste.
-It has to be from Europe (I added this one late because it's ourdream honeymoon location).

So what did we end up with? I can't even pronounce it! It's a *deep breath* 2005 Perrin Chateauneuf du Pape Les Sinards Rhone Red Blends from Chateauneuf du Pape, France-Rhone. *whew*


Basically, it's a red, fruity wine from France that meets all of our criteria.

I bought it from Wine.com for $38.99. I was sold after reading a couple of its reviews and the winemaker's notes:

"Perrin Chateauneuf du Pape Les Sinards is made from the traditional varieties of Chateauneuf du Pape from Chateau de Beaucastel's own vineyard and from other top quality growers in the appellation. Predominately Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault and Mourvedre, the wine is rich and silky with a deep red color. With the gamy, earthy quality that Beacastel is know for, Les Sinards is long on the palate with rounded tannins."

Yum, yum, and yum!

I just hope the slight wine lush in me doesn't break into this thing just to try it out! I'll have to remember to keep the house stocked with wine so I'm not tempted.

I had to have it shipped to our best man's house in South Carolina since Wine.com doesn't ship to Georgia. I also ran into this problem when ordering our bridal party wine and champagne for when we are getting ready. All that is left to do now is write our love letters and put an appropriate quote on the box! We're writing our letters after we get our marriage license next week (We've already attempted this once but had a minor fail. More later!)

Has anyone ever tried this wine? How was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment