Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help Me Pick A Quote For Our Love Letter Box!

We've picked our wine, are in the process of writing our love letters, and have finally narrowed down the bazillion quotes floating around on marriage to 5 we really like for our love letter box! Now we need your help narrowing the quotes down to 1! We will then have that quote along with our names and wedding date engraved on a brass plate attached to the back of the box.

So which one is it going to be hive?

"To keep your marriage brimming,
With love in the loving cup,
Whenever you're wrong admit it;
Whenever you're right shut up."

-- Ogden Nash

"A good marriage is the union of two good forgivers."

-- Ruth Bell Graham

"We are a work in progress with a lifetime contract."

-- Phyllis Koss

"New love is the brightest, and long love is the greatest,
But revived love is the tenderest thing known on earth."


-- Thomas Hardy

"Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation."

-- Oscar Wilde

[Poll]
  • Ogden Nash
  • Ruth Bell Graham
  • Phyllis Koss
  • Thomas Hardy
  • Oscar Wilde
Thanks so much in advance for any votes! I'll let you know which one we pick soon!

Are you including a special quote somewhere in your wedding?

3 comments:

  1. The first one! It's witty and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the first one...by Ogden Nash. It's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lani! It's Brooke (just so you know!). I think the first quote is fun, but my vote is the Thomas Hardy quote because I think it's the most honest. I'll admit to being a bit biased as I just finished reading Hardy's "Far From the Madding Crowd" and thought it was the best book about TRUE love I've ever read. This man knows what he's talking about.

    ReplyDelete