Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

No Longer Standing "Stationery"

Invitations etiquette? 2 months out. Me? 1 month out. That's how I roll. I make my own rules and I do what I want!

Either that or I'm just a lazy, procrastinating, bad bad bride. I'll let you pick. ;)

So yeah, because I somehow managed to break my camera, Mr. Lab's camera, and don't have the cable connector to Mama Lab's camera I've been borrowing, this invitation post will be a series. I'll start with what I have now because I can no longer wait to share my "labor of love" (NOW I get why all the other invite DIYers call it that!). I should really call them my "labor of stifling many curse words".

After my initial dilemma regarding invitation design, a very gracious reader reached out and offered to help me create my vision. Nada (Aka nada122, a fellow Georgia gal and sports reporter!) worked with (read: tolerated) my perfectionism so well that I thought she might have been my long lost clone from an alternate universe. Together, we came up with this digital beauty that I would print on my own.

Front:

The coloring is "off" because of Vista Print's template Nada had to use. The printed invitations are blush pink, not purple. You'll see the true colors of the invites in the next post!

Back:


Peony and Chandelier Images from iStockphoto

I chose not to do response cards because 1. I didn't want another hassle 2. I wanted to avoid extra envelopes/postage and 3. from what I hear, many people don't even bother to send them back. Internet and phones are way more convenient! Not to mention that because the invites went out so late, doing RSVPs this way is much quicker than waiting on a card back in the mail.

I also included our purdy DIY maps!


I went with the "My Last Name-His Last Name" Wedding + wedding date combo the hive suggested! I also added a quick note on attractions and accommodations on the back side of the map.

Sneak peek of the completed "basic" invitation:


No political statement. Just an "easy out" so I don't have to blur my hard work!

Stay tuned! More to come on envelopes, liners, stamps, "fauxligraphy" and fonts, actual photos of the invitations, and costs. Plus, the "deluxe" invitations that feature the bridesmaids' brunch and rehearsal dinner invites!

1 comment:

  1. TOTALLY UNRELATED TO THIS POST, but I'm at school so I can't get on Facebook, but I found this and I thought you MIGHT be interested:

    http://www.thedenimzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=17

    They are nude and not pink, though.

    ReplyDelete