Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Photo (Pr)Ops

As you may know by now, my wedding is an ode to the Southern way of life. I started to think about Southern Belles and realized that for some of my wedding pictures, I really want to look the part. Not quite as done up as this...


Source

...but still with the same essence. So I hopped on Ebay and found a very "Southern" looking lace parasol and matching fan. How great will these look in photos of me in my dress walking around Savannah's famous historic squares?


Source

I love that the lace will compliment my dress. And speaking of my dress, I've been researching some dress forms as well. I want some shots of my dress on a mannequin. Don't get me wrong, I love love love the artistic look of the "dress on the hanger in a doorway or window photo"...


...but I also want some shots of my dress displayed in its full form glory. There's just something about a dress on a mannequin that makes my heart flutter.

Source (PS. The bride made this dress!)

I haven't purchased the dress form yet, but I'm in love with one like this:

Source

After the wedding, I plan to put my new dress form to good use. I have a sewing machine my mom gave me a couple Christmases ago and want to start picking up where I left off in 9th grade Home Ec. I figure I'll have to fill my post-wedding DIY blues with a new craft, so sewing it is! I'll eventually need a dress form as I get better, so I'll already have one!

And if I happen to procrastinate and end up not brushing the dust off my sewing machine, I'll just "antique" my form and use it as a pretty display in my house. It's a win-win!

Source

Are you buying any special "props" for your wedding day? Do you plan to use them after the big day has passed?

No comments:

Post a Comment