Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

...And a Lucky Sixpence in Her Shoe!

Okay hive, I'm officially under ONE MONTH. *screams like a wild woman on the inside*

Ah-hum. Now that I've composed myself, I'd like to tell you about my latest accomplishment. I've been trying to nail down a lot of my "little" purchases for the big day so they don't pile up last minute. I just finished buying all my items to complete that age old wedding poem that features little "somethings".

So what are my "somethings"?

My Something Old/Sixpence:

I need as much "luck" on my side for my wedding day as possible (I still don't know at a month out how this shindig is going to come together!), so I'm definitely wearing a sixpence in my shoe. I think a lot of people forget about the sixpence as part of the poem. I didn't forget but I did piggyback the "old" part of the poem with the sixpence. I decided to make it a special sixpence by ordering one from my mother's year of birth. Mine looks just like this one, only with a 1958 date.

My Something New:

I'm going to do like many other brides and count my wedding dress as my something new. I just found out that my wedding dress will FINALLY be in early next week. May the alterations begin!!!

My Something Borrowed:

Right after I got engaged, Mr. Lab's sister called me to see if I would be interested in wearing a hand-me-down necklace from their family. It's made from Mr. Lab's mother's engagement ring and FSIL Lab wore it at her wedding a couple years ago. They want to start a tradition of passing it down to all the female Labradors for their wedding days. I can't even begin to describe how touched I was that they wanted to let me in on the new tradition!

How gorgeous is FSIL Lab?!?

A better view of the "floating" diamond necklace.

My Something Blue:

I found this absolutely gorgeous blue cameo set in a pinkish gold filigree on Ebay for only $6! It will adorn my bouquet handle along with two other very special articles (TBA soon!).


Are you having items in your wedding that represent the "Somethings" poem? What about a sixpence?

No comments:

Post a Comment