Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Crazy Simple DIY Project (And Sneak Peeks Into What's In The Works!)

My MOH recently bought a new house about 40 minutes away from me. With the wedding fast approaching, we've used it as an excuse to visit each other quite a lot lately. :)

During my first visit to her new home, I found something that caught my eye while snooping...er...checking...everything out. ;) She had the cutest little birdcage in her closet!


Cameo by my bridal bouquet!

I got her permission to not only borrow it for the wedding, but to also spray paint it to match our colors. And that's just what I did!


Although spray painting is pretty easy, it can be a little tricky to get all in between the wires on something like this. But I stayed patient!


And soon I had this!


I used leftover bouquet ribbon to add a little "something" to the birdcage. I may or may not add a tag or sign that says "cards". I might just be lazy and put a card in it beforehand to show what it's for to our guests.


Bow on the back!

And as an added bonus, here's a sneak peak into some other projects that included some spray painting!

Lanterns for some of the table centerpieces:


Shepherd's hooks for the ceremony decor:

Go MOH Lab, go!

And last but not least, a frame from our "faux"tobooth:


And as an extra extra bonus: our wallpaper for the "faux"tobooth!

Source

Hope I didn't tease you too much. I can't show much more on the "faux"tobooth until after the wedding because it won't be assembled until a few days before! Hang in there! :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing the exact same thing. I've gone to thrift stores and found some great bargains on all sorts of wire type things (bird cage, baskets, etc.). I just haven't done the actual spray painting yet.....but that's next!
    Your card box came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. And it looks as if your "faux"to booth looks like a secret project I've been working on too! shhhh......

    ReplyDelete