Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Made Up

A couple weekends ago, I had my makeup trial with Savannah's famed Jules of Dollface by Jules. I had a blast with Jules who is a bride-to-be herself. She's super stylish and very easy going. I know she'll provide some comic relief and much needed calmness to my big day while getting ready.

These photos really don't do her work justice. I had driven 4 hours that day straight from my home in Athens to the appointment in Savannah. When I got to the studio, I realized that my camera was dead and my mom had the charger. And if you remember from this post, I also had a bit of a crying fit before my camera was charged and I took photos of the trial results (hours later after sitting in my FSIL's house with a broken A/C!). So please keep all that in mind!


The overview. Kinda blurry but you get the picture.

Jules asked me what I wanted and unlike most brides, I let her use her creativity and just wing it. Because I model part-time, I've gone through several makeup appointments and was kind of sick of having to let the artist know exactly what they had to paint on my face. And no matter how many inspiration photos I bring in to an appointment, they never recreate my vision (even though the makeup was done nicely, it's just never done to my specifications). So this time I went in with no expectations. All I said was that I wanted a soft, romantic feel and I let Jules work her magic.

Before:
(Actually taken the next morning since I didn't get a chance to take a real before photo!)


After:


I loved the results and they lasted through hours of sitting in a very hot and humid Savannah condo (notice the "glow" on my clavicle)! I only had to blot with an oil sheet and dab on a light layer of blot powder to freshen up. My kind of upkeep!


Geez...I've gots a huge honker!

I think I'm going to ask for a little more of a light pink on my eyelids instead of purple. In my experience, purple seems to be the "go-to color" for MUA's to use on people with brown eyes. She's also going to add false lashes the day of the wedding to really help my eyes pop!


Cheesing it cause I'm happy!


Good lawd it's hot in heeerrrrree! Like my lace fan? :)

So whatcha think? Any suggestions? Have you done your makeup trial yet or are you waiting until the last minute like I did?

1 comment: