Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

You Are Cordially Invited...

...to help Miss Lab create her invitations!

I'm stumped hive. I'm closing in fast on the recommended two month mark to send out invitations and all I have are a few scrapbook papers that caught my eye while I was killing time in a Michael's. I'm slowly starting down the short path to full-blown wedding freak-out mode. *gulp!* Help?

Okay, here's what I've got:


All my Michael's finds in our wedding colors.



I love this shimmery patterned pink paper probably the most.

This is probably my second favorite paper of the lot.


The more I look at this one, the more I'm not really feeling it.


This is a closeup of the solid cream paper. The color of the paper is truer in the first photo.


Here's the chocolate brown paper's detailing. I like this because it has a subtle damask feel to it.

I have no idea where to start. Which paper to use, how to combine them, whether to use these at all or to get additional paper...*sigh*

I was also hoping to add some kind of detail from our ceremony or reception sites to the invitations as well. Like a gazebo or train motif:


As far as the "look" I'm going for, I want something simple with a romantic, southern feel. I love love love Miss Cowboy Boot's invitations:



I won't have an entire suite like this because I'm not doing response cards (just RSVP at our wedding website or by phone) or a map. But some of the invites will have a rehearsal dinner invitation included. So maybe I can incorporate some of my/your ideas into one or the other?

Or maybe I should just cave in and buy some invitations? Anyone seen anything that reminds you of what I'm looking for? They've gotta be inexpensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment