Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Drinks on us! Part 1: An infusion of pretty and yummy.

Beverages will be a big part of our wedding. Because our ceremony will be outside in the Georgia heat (but hopefully not scorching heat come November), we are setting up a refreshment table with drinks for our guests to enjoy before the ceremony begins. This will also come in handy while they are waiting on the trolley to take them back to the reception.

So I've been collecting ideas on how to present the drinks and quickly fell in love with infusion jars.


Aren't these super cute? I love the way they add so much "punch" (*chuckle*) to any table. So I began keeping an eye out for deals on infusion jars.

Last week, while casually perusing Bed Bath & Beyond on FMIL's first ever visit to the awesome-est store in the world (I mean really, who hasn't ever been to BB&B!), I ran into one of those deals.

Source

They had gorgeous infusion jars with iron stands for only $20. But wait, there's more! We (FSIL and I) had our trusty $5 off BB&B coupons in tow. So we snatched up 3 of these cuties for $15 a piece. FSIL and FMIL both wanted one for themselves, so they offered to each buy one and let me borrow them for the wedding. So I'm getting 3 jars for only $15 for the wedding! Afterwards, I'm going to have a super cute way to display drinks during get-togethers. Double score!

We want the drinks to be not only southern staples, but also in our wedding colors. So we decided on sweet tea and pink lemonade for the infusion jars. They will be joined with water for anyone who doesn't want sugary drinks (although I'll probably make them with Splenda since Mr. Lab and I are very health conscious). We're also serving up bottled Coca-Cola like Mrs. Cherry Pie did for her wedding:



My oldest brother has an entire guest house/barn decorated in nothing but vintage Coca-Cola items (he's a bit obsessed with the drink), so he'll be loaning some signage for the set up.

I found our jars in action with the colors we're going for:



We're going to infuse the tea with mint and the pink lemonade with peaches. Yummy-ness! Now I just have to find a way to label the jars with what's in them. Hmmm, chalkboards, tags, or ribbon labels?

Whatever drinks are left over at the ceremony will be transported to the reception site to be enjoyed there by our non-drinking guests.

And just because this is Weddingbee, I HAD to include this adorable beehive infusion jar:

No comments:

Post a Comment