Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Trolley Transportation

As part of my "must-do list" @$$-kicking week, we're putting the deposit down on our guest transportation:

A trolley! Our ceremony will take place at a square smack dab in the middle of historic downtown Savannah where it's hard to find parking and easy to get lost. So we decided it would benefit everyone involved to just park at our reception site...


...and then take a short 1 mile trolley trip to our ceremony site...

...and then back to the reception to get the party started! I had originally thought about doing some kind of parade to get all the guests back to the reception site. But I realized that wouldn't solve the problem of getting them TO the ceremony site.


Source

It would have been fun to do the parade, but it's just not that practical, especially for the older guests who might not be thrilled at the idea of a 1 mile walk. Besides, having the trolley will provide some great photo opportunities as Mr. Lab and I will be taking some of our formal portraits on it! Not to mention that the trolley rolled by our square the last time I was visiting (it's a sign!).


The trolley just adds to the southern flair and will be such a fun touch for our guests. We'll have the trolley make 3 rounds to make sure it gets everyone (it fits 35 guests at a time). After the ceremony, the wedding party will leave first while the guests wait at the square and enjoy some refreshments until it comes back. This will give Mr. Lab and I a chance to escape to spend some alone time together and see the reception setup before everyone arrives.

There are a couple of trolley companies that operate in Savannah, but of course we're going with the only white ones from Old Savannah Tours. For 3 hours of service and unlimited shuttling, it's only $325!

All un-sourced photos are mine!

3 comments:

  1. Your wedding is really gonna be awesome--I totally can't wait until pictures are posted many months from now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That price is SUCH a steal! :) I'm loving reading about your Southern Romantic Charm wedding!

    ReplyDelete