Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Drinks on us! Part 2: The John Hancock of Cocktails.

As you may have guessed by the title, this post is about our signature drinks! ;)

Source*

We're having a full bar at our cocktail hour and reception and thought it would be fun to have drinks that represent the entire wedding party. They'll be a total of three signature drinks: one for the bridesmaids, one for the groomsmen, and then one in honor of Mr. Lab and I.

Our matron of honor and best man will be in charge of creating their respective signature drinks. The only rule they have is that the ladies' drink must be a pink concoction...
...while the men must have a brown one (again, all fitting into our color palette).


They've yet to pick out their cocktails, so any ideas are certainly welcome! As well as cute and catchy drink names!

As for Mr. Lab and I's signature drink, we're going with the "yum-o!"-inducing White Russian. We both love love LOVE this drink. And it's white, so it sorta fits the theme of a wedding!



In case you've never had a White Russian (or you aren't a lush like moi), here's the quick and simple recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 2 oz Vodka
  • 1 oz Coffee Liqueur (ours will be made with Kahlua)
  • Light Cream
  • Chocolate Syrup (optional decoration-we're having the bartender add the initial of our last name on the drinks!)
Mixing instructions:

Pour vodka and coffee liqueur over ice cubes in glass. Fill with light cream. Add chocolate syrup swirl to top and serve.

We've decided that we're going to use tags to label our ceremony drinks...


Source

And chalkboards to display our signature drink options!



These are the two easiest and cheapest display options. I really liked the chalkboard signs, but decided using them inside only will insure they won't blow away or fall down in the wind during the ceremony. I will be hitting up Michael's tomorrow after work to get started on our DIY signs!

I've got plenty of experience working with chalkboards. I've had one chalkboard since I was a sophomore in college that has "evolved" to fit my needs. I'm hoping I can hold on to the ones I use in the wedding for many years just like the one I have already!


My trusty chalkboard as the focal point of my crazily decorated apartment door. All my roommates had similarly-overdone doors! (Hey, I was a sophomore, so don't judge! lol)


Same chalkboard, different location and messages. I love that my little sister and I are rockin' the braces at the same time!


Still the same chalkboard but with the new border I painted to match our updated "Parisian" kitchen when Mr. Lab moved in! I added the sign above it for about $2.

Now comes the hard part: naming our cocktail! Any suggestions? I hope you have some cause Mr. Lab's drink names aren't so great:

Haha! Wait, wut?

Thirsty for more? Read Part 1!

*Have you ever noticed how John Hancock and all the other men who signed the Declaration of Independence have phenomenal, calligraphy-like handwriting? Seriously, where are all the men with GOOD handwriting nowadays?!? I could use one of them, especially when I'm writing thank you notes or addressing invitations! Sheesh.

8 comments:

  1. a chocolate martini is always a good choice. or a raspberry white chocolate martini (pink for the maids) since I guess a chocolate martini is a little too girly for the manly men! - lol

    Leslie H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are not set on the lady and sons for catering, you should check out katy bourgeis catering....it's amazing. we have it frequently at the office for lunchs.

    Leslie H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, raspberry white chocolate martini sounds ah-maz-ing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are my ideas.

    A P.I.N.K. Ribbon Martini http://www.cocktailatlas.com/L2Other/PINK_Ribbon_Martini/PINK_Ribbon_Martini.html

    Champagne Cosmo
    http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/ciroc-champagne-cosmo-drink-recipes

    Pomegranate Martini
    http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/favorite-martini-drink-recipes

    This page has alot of pnk drinks, butthe Pink Wink sunds the best to me
    http://www.cocktailatlas.com/L2Holidays/VDay/Night_With_Girls/Night_With_Girls.html

    By the way cocktailatlas.com had most of these drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, I liked the Pink Wink the best! And the name is so cute and "flirty". X-Rated Vodka is the best. My first paid modeling gig was selling that stuff in a bar. ;)

    And I should have known you've go for anything with pomegranate. You and Brittany are obsessed with it!

    I'll put these as suggestions in the next newsletter coming out next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello- Cosmopolitans for the girls!! Where is your head Miss?

    -Lindsi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, you're right Lindsi!!! I'll have to present this one to Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally off-subject--but about the handwriting--that little detail is one of my favorite things about Edward Cullen! :)

    ReplyDelete