Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A "Real Wedding" Special

As promised, I am here to deliver a quick recap of the wedding of two of our wedding party members this past weekend!

The Friday before the wedding, we met up with the bride and groom for their rehearsal dinner at a local steakhouse:

All photos by me or friends using my camera. Click to enlarge!


Top: Me and Mr. Lab with Brooke & Jimmy.
Bottom: Brooke's family enjoying the show.

After dinner, the boys and girls split up for a night out. Their wedding was at 7 pm the next day, so they could afford to stay out late.


Brooke looking adorable in her Audrey Hepburn-like outfit. Must point out the too-cute Kate Spade bag!

The day of the wedding, I was appointed the "provider of instant photos via Facebook"-photographer along with official make-up artist. I took both jobs very seriously (and I have over 200 photos to prove it!). Armed with my bag full of MAC and my point and shoot camera, I made my way over to the State Botanical Gardens in Athens, GA (after FINALLY picking up my e-ring from its month-long hiatus).

The day was absolutely gorgeous and the setting was simple stunning.


Entrance to the Botanical Gardens.


Top left: The path down to the day chapel.
Bottom left: The plaza outside the reception hall where the drinks were set up.
Right: The charming day chapel!

As soon as I arrived, I got to work making the girls look as gorgeous as possible. Brooke looked absolutely stunning in her Anya Bridal "April" gown. She switched out the ivory sash it came with for a black one that tied into her theme better. She's planning on selling her dress, so let me know if you want more information. The bridesmaids were allowed to pick out any black cocktail dress of their choice.


Top left: Doing makeup for my second wedding! I did Mr. Lab's sister's makeup for her wedding as well!
Top right: This is one of my favorite photos from the night. I love how Brooke's BMs are all fawning over her!
Bottom right: I made sure to stay out of the way of the professional photographers by hiding way back in the bushes and secretly stealing shots.

I made sure to capture some details from the day that I now know as a bride-to-be took a lot of thought and planning to make happen.

Top to bottom l-r: The bridal party gifts (my tote has my NEW initials on it!!!), Jimmy's motorcycle bout charm, Brooke's wedding gift from her new hubby, the BM's bouquets/centerpieces, the "guestbook" that had an etching pen (HUGE hit!), Brooke's one of a kind modern-inspired bouquet

Mr. Lab stopped by to say hi to the bride before getting ready for his photos with Jimmy. He was really upset because when he went to pick up his suit from the drycleaners, they had already closed....at 1 pm on a Saturday!!! But he threw together a quick black ensemble (all wedding party members wore black as a main color). Isn't he good looking? ;)


I apologize for the flash reflecting in the mirror and blinding you! You might recognize my dress from our engagement party. I resisted the urge to buy a new outfit! Yay me!!!

Finally, it was go-time! The ceremony site was absolutely breathtaking. Just the venue alone was enough decoration with all its gorgeous detail work, but Brooke had the florist add simple and complimentary flowers to the altar and first pews.

Top left: Jimmy's parents ready to go down the aisle (Mr. Lab and I were also greeters and in charge of opening the door for Brooke's grand entrance)
Middle: A view from the altar
Bottom right: A view from the entryway

After the "I do's", we moved over to the reception site for the cocktail hour while Brooke and Jimmy had their alone time and photos taken (they opted for the aisle first look, prompting Mr. Lab to beg for that again!). The food was AH-MAZ-ZZZZZZZZIIIIIINNNNGGG. It was catered by an Athens' favorite, Marti's at Midday.

Top row is the dinner served while the bottom row was the passed appetizers. Sorry about the shot of the half-eaten bruscetta. I kept forgetting to take a picture before munching down!

Equally amazing were the desserts! They had a candy buffet (featuring my fave: Sour Patch Kids), the wedding cake, and a cheesecake groom's cake. I did make myself a baggie full of the candy, but I somehow misplaced it before the end of the night. I woke up the next morning grateful for this because I'm supposed to be taking my own advice, remember?


Soon it was time for all the key moments of a wedding reception:


Top to bottom l-r: The first dance, best man toast, cake cutting, sparkler exit

But during all of that, we had some good times dancing (burning off that dinner!) and enjoying meeting and mingling with other guests. Not to mention with the bride and groom!

Bottom left: Overview of the centerpieces
Top right: Bridesmaid Ashley's introduction (she's one of my bridesmaids as well!)
Bottom right: Brooke in her totally cute "Marilyn Monroe"-esque reception dress

I had an absolute blast at Brooke and Jimmy's wedding and can't wait to return the favor at our wedding in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment