Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Getting down to business.

The summer is flying by and my wedding is quickly approaching. I feel as though I've barely gotten anything nailed down due to both financial issues and being so "on the go". I recently finished one internship and will be moving on to my next come Monday (after some good old fashioned 4th of July fun!). In between, I came back home for 3 weeks to pick up some shifts at work and replenish my bank account since, well, internships are basically slavery (see video below).



So what does this all have to do with my wedding? Well, my second internship is in my wedding host city: Savannah! I will be working with a news station there for the rest of the summer. And while I'm there, I plan to get down to business. Wedding business, that is!

It has been incredibly hard planning a wedding 4 hours away from the city it is in. I don't know how people plan true destination weddings across the country or even in a different country all together. I've only been to Savannah twice since becoming engaged and I didn't get much done in those short visits. I booked my reception venue site unseen and my FSIL (who thankfully lives in Savannah and is letting me stay with her for free) had to book my ceremony site for me (at least I got to use her local discount, woot!).

I want to maximize my time spent in my wedding city, so I've made a list of to-dos MUST-DOs while I'm there. The plan is that by the time I start my last semester of classes (finally!), I will have very few things left to do with the wedding, so I can focus more on school, Mr. Lab, and pre-wedding festivities (bachelorette party!!!).

Miss Lab's Savannah Wedding Must-Do List:

  • Finalize the rehearsal dinner on the riverboat
  • Hire mandatory security guards for our ceremony & reception sites
  • Find a good rentals company for the ceremony seating
  • Book our guest transportation: a trolley!
  • Tasting with our caterer to finalize the menu
  • Find a baker for the cakes
  • Find a DOC
  • Decide whether to have a DJ or not, and if so, find one
  • Find a makeup artist & hair stylist and do trials
  • Reserve a block of hotel rooms for the guests
  • Find a place for the guys to rent suits
  • Scout out places for the "after party"
And of course, while I still have a bit of summer "free time", I will begin/finish work on my DIY projects like the centerpieces, doggie table numbers, photo slideshow, and bouquets.

Whew, that's a lot to do in 6 weeks! Hopefully I'm not missing anything crucial to take care of while I'm in Savannah.

1 comment:

  1. If you want a FAB DJ, there's one in Florida: Rocketman Music. He's with adja and I caught his show at a wedding yesterday in Orlando! Amazing! Every girl at the wedding will fall in love...rocketmanmusic@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete