Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wedding Photography

Today I spent most of my waking hours comparing photographers' wedding galleries online. Photography is one of my top priorities (along with the food/alcohol-let's get this party started!). It's the one thing that really lasts after the wedding comes and goes (besides our love, but that's understood).

I ended up making a spreadsheet with different categories to compare all of the top photographers I have my eye on. The categories included pricing, amount of wedding day coverage, whether they have more than one photographer or an assistant, whether they shoot in a photojournalist style, whether they provide options for an engagement photo session and rehearsal dinner coverage, and finally whether they charge travel fees. I then contacted each one with a list of what I am looking for in a photographer and my wedding date. Almost all of them have responded and sent a price list. One already has my date booked; hence the reason I am so on top of things!

Here are my top 3 choices right now:

Belletti Photography: http://www.bellettiphotography.com/index.shtml

I actually met the photographer, Shannon, while attending a bridal show with a friend. She's very sweet and her work is absolutely STUNNING. Of course, so are her prices. But really, for everything she includes-2 photographers AND all day shooting PLUS no travel fee for my engagement photo shoot which will be in Athens, not to mention the sheer quality of her work-she's really quite fair. I may have to sell a kidney on the black market to afford her, but I probably wouldn't regret it. ;)

Gandy Photographers: http://www.gandyphotographers.com/

This is a husband and wife team and I know some of their clients. I was sold on them when I read their "message to the bride". This couple really seems to be in touch with what the typical bride is looking for when it comes to documenting her wedding. I haven't heard back from them yet, so their prices may be the make or break point for this choice.

Lindsi Jones Photography: http://lindsijones.com/

Lindsi actually graduated a couple years ahead of me from the same high school. She has done several of my friends' weddings (my matron of honor, Amanda, was one of her first clients!) and she continues to grow in her skills. Her work is gorgeous yet she is definitely the most affordable choice.

I think it may just come down to my what I can afford on my budget. Let me know what you think of these choices and whether you can make any recommendations!

7 comments:

  1. Lani, I was looking at photographers the other day too! Like you, food, drink and pictures are the most important things to Tom and I and it's so, so hard to find a good (but affordable) photographer.

    I looked at Lindsi's portfolio though and am in love. It looks like she does a lot of Savannah weddings -- do you think she would travel to metro Atlanta? Is the best way to contact her through her web site?

    (Looking at your site keeps me motivated to work on stuff for my wedding. :D)
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Lindsi, and she was amazing. She was completely laid back and made it picture taking quick and easy. She followed us to the hair place; she had the neatest ideas for our wedding; she made the most of the wonderful winter light.

    --Dana (well, it was Miss Vick, but you know...whatever)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anna! The best way to reach Lindsi is probably through email: lindsi@lindsi.com I'm sure she'd travel to Atlanta (she told me at a recent wedding I attended that she just booked a job in Mexico!). There will probably be a travel fee, but like the rest of her prices it is sure to be reasonable.

    And thanks for the "testimony" Miss Vick! (haha, I know that's not the official name anymore, but you'll always be Miss Vick to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! I'm just going to throw my opinion in the mix (not surprising, I know). While the first photographer has a gorgeous portfolio, the price will definitely blow your budget. I think you should choose the Lindsi. She has great prices and really beautiful pictures as well. Plus you have a personal connection with her which should make her work especially hard to please you because she's still starting out and needs tons of good publicity.

    Another thing to consider when choosing--who gets the rights to the pictures. Many big time photographers maintain all rights to your photos afterward which could be a downside. Just something to think about!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi There,

    Just wanted to say thanks for considering us for your wedding day photography and we look forward to meeting you. Julie sent you a price list this morning so please let us know if you do not receive it. Happy Wedding Planning!!!

    Jeff Gandy
    Gandy Photographers
    Website: http://www.gandyphotographers.com/
    Blog: http://www.gandyphotographers.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jeff! I did get the price list and I'm reviewing it now. I look forward to speaking with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just found this blog. I love it! I am happy that you are considering me and thankful to everyone that has posted such kind words about me! Thanks!

    Lindsi Jones

    www.lindsi.com

    ReplyDelete