Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Friday, January 2, 2009

My Ring!


For those of you wondering what my ring looks like, here it is!

It's a 1.5 t.w. carat round cut center diamond surrounded by a halo and micro-pave band set in 14k white gold (we're going to re-plate it in platinum on our 5 year anniversary) and it has a matching wedding band. I actually got to pick out my own ring! This was after a couple months of researching rings that fit Chris's high standards and my very picky taste. :)






Chris had to have a temporary sizer put on it because he didn't have time to properly size it before the proposal.

We're getting my current ring appraised and insured and then sent off for verification since it didn't come with a grading report (we purchased from Zale's because this was the only setting I've found that I liked in months of research). Depending on what the report states, Chris wants to upgrade the diamond and pass down the current one to our daughter one day. I really don't care if we upgrade this one or not, because I'm in love with it as is!

If we do it that way, Chris will get the diamond that matches his standards and I get the setting I loved! We love that my ring has room to grow as we pass milestone anniversaries!

So long story short, we don't know all the c's quite yet. But I DO know it doesn't have any visible imperfections.

4 comments:

  1. 1.5 tw.... what about cut, color, and clarity? C'mon, us diamond researchers gotta know all about it! Nice ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're actually going to be replacing this diamond within a year with one like this: http://www.bluenile.com/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-ideal-cut-f-color-vvs1-clarity_LD01405732?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=0

    In the meantime, we're getting my current ring appraised and insured and then sent off for verification since it didn't come with a grading report (we purchased from Zale's because this was the only setting I've found that I liked in months of research).

    This way, Chris will get the diamond that matches his standards and I get the setting I loved! We also love that it has room to grow as we pass milestone anniversaries!

    So long story short, we don't know all the c's quite yet. But I DO know it doesn't have any visible imperfections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea. Just be sure that the second stone you plan on getting is very close to the same diameter as the existing one. Those halo settings are not very easy to modify after the fact.

    I was put in an interesting position - Miranda did not want any part of picking our her ring. She just said no pears, no marquises. I had to research for months, but it was a lot of fun designing this myself. It's an oval with two trillions on either side. Kinda unique, don't see it every day. Here's a pic: http://i41.tinypic.com/2ymawqu.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really sweet that you got to got to customize your ring. I had originally planned to go ring shopping with my now matron of honor and then have her report back to Chris with my likes and dislikes so he could surprise me with a ring. Chris did in fact go to a few places by himself, but after much discussion we decided that it was better for both of us to let me pick out a ring. I guess everyone's different in that sense. We had been talking about getting engaged so much that it just wasn't too necessary to keep the ring a secret.

    ReplyDelete