Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our (tentative) Wedding Menu!

Thanks to my fabulous future sis-in-law, Chris and I have our tentative wedding menu from The Lady & Sons! As soon as I have the $200 to reserve them, it'll be official!

Without further ado, my "Southern Comfort Food" wedding menu:

Hors D'oeuvres for the Cocktail Hour:
(Made by my lovely mother to save money)

Veggie Platter
Fruit Platter
Cheese & Crackers Platter
Pigs in a Blanket w/ Dipping Sauce

Dinner:
(served buffet style)

Entrees:

Baked Chicken
BBQ Pork
Country Steak in Gravy
Crab Cakes
Scallops wrapped in Applewood Smoked Bacon

Side Items:

Mac n Cheese
Creamed Potatoes
Corn on the Cob
Green Beans

Dessert:
(besides bride & groom's cake)

-Peach Cobbler
-Candy Buffet Table (DIY by yours truly)

Beverages:
(first 3 also served during ceremony)

-Sweet AND unsweetened tea
-Lemonade (another DIY)
-Bottled Coca Cola (possibility)
-Alcohol (full open bar)
-Water

Although we haven't finalized the final guest list count, we're doing our preliminary head count at 75 people ATTENDING. We'll probably send out close to 110 invites, but we already know about 20 family members who will not be able to make the trip (from California & NY). So with 75 people, our total for the catering will be $1959 or $26 a person. This total includes fees for chafing dishes, an action chef, place settings (stainless flatware, dinner, salad plates, water, red & white wine glasses, and champagne flutes), and of course taxes. And because The Lady & Sons are a preferred caterer of Savannah Station, we won't have to worry about paying $500 to let an outside caterer feed our guests. And the Station provides tables and chairs included in the cost of renting the facility. Of course, we're overestimating costs so we're not caught off guard if more people RSVP than we expected.

Even though we're doing a buffet for dinner, I still want to have a seating chart. I think it's important that I use this once in a lifetime event as a way to let everyone meet each other. Without a chart, people tend to sit next to friends and don't mingle much. I will think the chart out very carefully to match people with similar interests and personalities who've never met (but I won't separate couples). I just know that all these people will never gather in the same place again and it would be a shame for people to miss out on the opportunity to get to know someone Chris & I love better.

I should get to bed. I have the start of my last semester of traditional classes tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's going to be a good meal! It really does save a LOT of money to do stuff DIY! My family made all the food for my wedding, and no one complained! Everything was so good, by the time I made it to the food table after pictures, almost everything was gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you pull off making the food? I'm having 100 people and it sounds like it would be a huge feat. Please tell me your details!

    ReplyDelete