Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

The one bad thing about my fall wedding...

...is that there's a UGA football game on it. When Chris and I picked out our date-before we even got engaged-it was originally a bye weekend. Chris and I are HUGE college football fans, so I didn't want my dream of an autumn wedding to conflict with a UGA game. But since picking the date, the university added some nobody football school to the schedule. Who's ever heard of Tennessee Tech? Nobody? That's what I thought.

What's worse is that it's a home game in Athens, where a handful of our guests (and us) are living now. I'm hoping people will be okay with missing this game. I'm guessing it'll be a 12:30 pm kickoff with an easy win (at least on paper), so Dawg fans on my guest list will be able to watch the entire game-if aired on a network in Savannah-before the wedding even begins. I'm looking into getting a TV in the reception area somewhere so people can stay up to date with other big games that day (including me!). I have to find out if they already have cable hookups to do this. I feel like the guys in those Verizon V-Cast commercials who are checking score updates during a wedding and honeymoon. I know Chris and I both will ask for updates at least a couple times during the reception from people with iPhones and whatnot. haha

Again, today is short on the wedding updates because I started spring semester and have to work until almost 1 am tonight. This is going to be interesting how much wedding stuff I accomplish now that I back at work and school... Thank goodness there's summer break before the wedding!

2 comments:

  1. LOL, that is the craziest thing I have ever heard. You can't even put football off for that ONE day that's all about you?! I guess I'm not a big sports person, so I'll never understand! You can use the story during an interview when you're about to get your dream sportscaster job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw, football is THAT important. Seriously. haha Without our mutual love of the sport, it would have never worked. ;)

    ReplyDelete