Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Taste of Savannah (aka Our OOT Welcome Bags)

I've slowly been collecting supplies for our OOT welcome bags the last few weeks. Although they're not finished, I wanted to share my plans for them!

I'm using brown bags and found this adorable package presentation that I thought looked very "southern". If you haven't figured it out by now, this entire wedding will scream "the south" to our guests.


Source

If I can't find cheap doilies I might just use some lace ribbon as an accent. I'm also putting little tags on the outside that will say something like "Welcome to Savannah!", "Thanks for being our guests!", etc.

Moving on to the inside of our bags...First up, maps! I nearly cleared out the visitors' center of maps and brochures, all for free! I'm also going to include contact numbers, an itinerary of the wedding events, my suggested places to go/see, and maybe even a homemade map ala Mrs. Ballet Flat (IF I find the time and patience). Many of the maps and brochures also have coupons included, so hopefully our guests can save some money while seeing Savannah!


Next up, salt water taffy! Yum. Savannah is on the coast, so the candy is a little nod to that. There are some pretty popular places that carry the gooey goodness in the area, so I wanted our guests to have a few pieces to "chew" over. Har har.


Source

Okay, starting to make myself hungry...and the next item doesn't help my case: pecan pralines! I thought about peanuts at first, but decided that more people have tried peanuts than pralines. Man, I wanna nom nom nom on this picture.


Source

Next up is a no-brainer. Savannah is the birthplace of Juliette Gordon Low, aka the founder of the Girl Scouts. So, of course we've gotta include these famous cookies:


Source

Unfortunately, the cookies are not in "season". Thankfully, there are plenty of places on the interwebs that provide them in fresh, unopened boxes! Mmmm. There's even a version that says "Thank You" on them! But my all-time faves are the thin mints. What's yours?

Finally, I wanted to include a "relaxer" of sorts to help our guests unwind from hours on the road. So perhaps they could pour one of these minis into their vending machine coke? I know Southern Comfort isn't native to Savannah (or Georgia for that matter), but I just couldn't resist the "southern" part of it. We southerners love our "SoCo"! ;)

Source

So that's the gist of our OOT welcome bags! Have I blatantly forgotten anything that screams the south or Savannah?

No comments:

Post a Comment