Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Putting The Juniors To Work

I have a pretty large bridal party: 5 bridesmaids (used to be 6 but one moved to Ohio and had to relinquish her duties), 3 flower girls (1 is more of an "honorary" FG because of her age), and 2 junior bridesmaids.

I chose to have so many flower girls and junior bridesmaids because they are all my nieces. I just felt like it wouldn't be right to chose one or two over the rest, ya know?

At least with lots of cute kids running around, I'll have adorable photos like this one:


Source

Before I get to my dilemma, allow me to introduce my two junior bridesmaids!

Jr. Lab Abbi is my little "Gap Kids" turned rocker niece. She isn't the typical little girl-I mean, she likes skateboards! She has so much spunk and will definitely grow up into an strong, independent woman. I love how she's always playing little jokes on people. Like she'll say "Guess what?" and when you answer with "What?", she'll say "Chicken Butt!". She is my second oldest brother's only child.


Jr. Lab Autumn is definitely the type of niece who starts to become a close friend as she gets older. We're only ten years apart in age, but she is already wise beyond her years. She has a very protective, almost "motherly", quality about her and genuinely cares about everyone in her life. She is the oldest of older sister's three girls.


Gotta love when the old brace-face photos come out to play!

So...the dilemma. Lately, I've been thinking of what my junior bridesmaids would carry down the aisle. I think they're too old for the pomanders yet too young to have the same type of bouquets as the bridesmaids. That's when I got the idea for them to carry something unique: my love letter box and our love letters!

We needed a way to get the box and letters to the altar anyways, so I thought having my juniors bring them was a good way to go (and they won't be forgotten if they're assigned to someone). So one of my juniors will carry the box with the wine bottle in it and the other junior will carry in our letters. After walking down the aisle, they'll seat in the front row with the flower girls during the ceremony and then bring the box and letters up to us when it's time.

The problem is, I don't have any ideas on a cute way of carrying the letters. I like that the box has a little handle, so it's perfect for carrying, but what about something for the letters? Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Lab! I stumbled upon your blog from another brides blog! I didnt get to see you on bee tv cuz Im at work...but I said hi!! LOL! What about another little box so the two junior bridesmaid match? These girls are so cute! And you reminded me that my little flower girl would probably be better sitting down instead of standing for the whole ceremony...good thing her grandparents are invited since her mom is my MOH!! Lets hope that works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You are more than welcome to steal my hair inspiration collage! I'm definitely taking it with me to show my stylist. :) Hooray for hair extensions. I want to meet the genius that created this lovely alternative for short-haired women all over and shake his hand. haha, kidding. And by kidding, I mean I'm serious. :)

    ReplyDelete