Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Buggy Bride

The future in-laws have done it again...they're getting me a horse and buggy to carry me to and from the ceremony!

When I found out, I was initially thrilled! But then I started thinking that it may be a bit unnecessary. I mean, I could just ride the trolley there and back, right? Why spend extra money when we don't need to? We're trying to cut back on frivolous items, not keep tacking them on!

I voiced these concerns to Mr. Lab and his sister, but they weren't having it. Mr. Lab is a very traditional, southern-raised lad and I've come to realize that like me, he has a few "expectations" of his wedding and future bride.* One of them is the romantic view of his soon-to-be wife riding up in a horse-drawn carriage moments before exchanging vows. He was sold on the idea the moment he heard plans of it. And he's not budging. Because he rarely requests anything wedding-wise, I've decided to let him have this one. Apparently being a buggy bride is no frivolous thing in Mr. Lab's book!

So for an extra $175, I will be chauffeured in one of these beauties:


The carriage is imported from Austria and decorated for weddings. I actually like the dark colors as opposed to an all-white buggy. They even have the driver dressed to the nines!

My little brother and I will ride together to the ceremony and then Mr. Lab and I will ride away together as husband and wife. I have to admit, riding in the carriage will make me feel like a princess in a fairy tale, so I'm not particularly upset with Mr. Lab's decision to put his foot down on this. ;)

And don't worry, we're still going to get all the great photo ops on the trolley even though we won't be riding on it for the actual ceremony procession. :)

*Mr. Lab and I are currently in negotiations over many of his "traditional" views of a wedding. More on this in a post coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment