Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fiancés Say The Darndest Things

One of Mr. Lab's most endearing qualities is the way he expresses how he feels about any given topic. I wanted to take a moment to share with you some of his more "darndest" quotes about wedding planning. They're like a grown-up version of Kids Say the Darndest Things!

On noticing Mr. Lab is reading Weddingbee more and more as the big day draws nearer:

Me: "Why have you been so interested with reading Weddingbee lately?"
Mr. Lab: "Well, I heard I was involved in this wedding somehow."

On naming our signature drink:

Me: "What should we name our white Russian?"
Mr. Lab: "The Caucasian Mail Order Bride."

On reviewing any of my DIY projects:

Mr. Lab: "Wow, that turned out way better than I expected."
Me: "Gee, thanks for having faith in me, babe." *sticks tongue out at him*

On writing the ceremony:

Me: "Hey babe, would you please take a half hour study break to help me write this ceremony?"
Mr. Lab: "How about you kick me in the balls for 30 minutes instead?"*


On trying to remember another quote for this post:

Mr. Lab: "You should be writing it down every time I say something brilliant."

Yeah, if you didn't know Mr. Lab, you'd probably think he was a horrible person. But he really doesn't mean any harm and always says these things with a little smirk on his face.


Source

I can clearly tell he's joking and trying to relieve the pressure of an impending wedding. I mean, we all remember his little meat cake stint, right?

Does your fiancé say the darndest things about your wedding planning? Do share!

*He did, in fact, help me with the ceremony. And he actually got all lovey-dovey after the first meeting with our officiant made things more "real" for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment