Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pretty in Pink: A Minor Color Change

Remember when I wrote about our wedding colors here? Well, I've had a slight change of heart.

I've been going back and forth (as evidenced here) on whether to include my all-time favorite color-pink-in our wedding. I just assumed that my manly future hubby wouldn't be okay with having pink as one of our colors. Plus, my favorite shade of pink is fuschia. Hot pink doesn't exactly mesh with an outdoor autumn wedding. But still, I kept fantasizing about all things pink (to the point that I haven't committed to any wedding color-related purchases in fear of my internal doubt) and finally decided to do something about it today.

Armed with inspiration photos of pink weddings, I sat Mr. Lab down and asked him his opinion on including the color in our wedding. I showed him an inspiration board that featured my next favorite shade of pink: "dusty" pink. And this board also included our other wedding colors we've already picked out: chocolate brown and champagnes!



Source

I was ready for the battle. But it never came. He immediately loved it!* We compared the old color palette to this new one and he said he preferred the pink. FMIL was standing nearby (we're currently at her house because my bridal shower was this weekend-update soon!) and she also approved. I felt so relieved and 100% sure that this was the color combo I should have picked in the first place.

Old Palette:



New Palette:



Both from here.

To celebrate my new color combo, I made a new inspiration board featuring some of the dusty pink from the board above! This particular board is exclusively for our ceremony alone:



Mrs. CP's shephard's hooks; chivari chairs; infusion jars; BM dress; Savannah paper; all other sources found here.

I'm officially "ooohing" and "ahhhing" over my change of heart. I'm in love with our color combination! Now I can finally start purchasing the accent color-related items I've been putting off because of the fear of changing my mind. Whew! *weight lifted from shoulders* :D

*I think Mr. Lab agreed so quickly because of the super adorable Labrador in the inspiration photo. Maybe that's because it looks so much like our Gabby (who was conveniently born bearing our wedding colors: chocolate brown fur with pink nose, lips, & tongue):


No comments:

Post a Comment