Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm no "shoe"per woman...

...so will the Hive come to my rescue?

I think I may have lost it. After changing my wedding accent color, I fell in love with one particular image from the inspiration board that sparked the change. I've been obsessed ever since.



Source

Anybody who knows ANYthing about designer shoes will immediately recognize that signature red sole. Those shoes are a pair of coveted (read: rare & expensive) Christian Louboutins (the Coquine Pink Satin Pump, I believe). The lucky bride who owns these not only had absolutely fabulous shoes for her wedding day, but amazing shots of them as well. I want that, too! Even when my accent color was red, I still had plans to spotlight my shoes.

I fell so head over heels in love (pun certainly intended) with this image that I was determined to have my own pair of dusty pink Loubies (or even nude since they're so close to the pink shade). I googled "pink Christian Louboutin" and there they were:



Christian Louboutin Pompadouce

I originally tried to find an authentic pair since I may be able to afford them after finding my dream dress for even less than I originally planned (that's a whole 'nother post).* But I was having no luck. This only fed my addiction and launched a series of google searches with every combination of words I could think of that might bring me success. Still, nothing.

I am officially an addict. "Hi, my name is Miss Labrador and I've been up every night into the wee hours trying to find this pair of Christian Louboutin Pompadouce Pink Satin shoes to buy for my wedding. I don't care anymore if they're authentic, inspired by, or knock-offs. I just HAVE to have these before I go absolutely bonkers. I've already begun thinking that they are a myth created by some very cruel and sadistic fashion devil. Please help me."

Even Mr. Lab is feeding my addiction. He peeked over my shoulder during one search and said that the cut of the shoe and the skinny high heel are (and I quote) "sexy as hell". I can't let him down with just any ol' shoe now!

I'm at my wits end. The only explanation I could think of for these shoes not being available ANYWHERE is that their lucky owners are not giving them up. I mean, I don't blame them. Who is their right mind would give up something so beautiful?



Source

So here's the part where I ask for your wise advice, hive. I'm beginning to realize that if someone out there can't help me find these shoes, I'm going to need a contingency plan I can live with. I've already scoped out a couple of other Loubies I like.

Here are my options:

Option A: Very Croise Platform Slingback



Source

Option B: Lady Gres


Source

Option C: Very Prive Pailette



Source

Option D: Be patient and keep looking. A pair of the Pompadouce are bound to surface before the wedding!

Option E: Make my own Louboutin Pompadouce inspired shoes. I could buy an inexpensive pair of shoes in the same basic style and shade of pink (or even have them dyed). Then I could scour the internet looking for similar embellishments for the toes (maybe Etsy?). There are even places that sell red soles that I could have a cobbler attach. Who knows, this could be a fun DIY project for one of a kind shoes?

Option F: Let go of the Loubie obsession all together and find another pair of dusty pink shoes.

So what'll it be, hive?

[poll]

Option A : Very Croise Platform Slingback
Option B: Lady Gres
Option C: Very Prive Pailette
Option D: Keep looking for the original shoe! (Please share links that may be helpful!)
Option E: DIY Loubies! (Again, if you have any links to materials that will aid this project, do share!)
Option F: No Loubies. I have a link to a pair of dusty pink/rose shoes I think you'll like just as much or maybe even better! (Preferably with sky high skinny heels, a peep toe, and a sexy cut.)

PS. In case you happen to find what I'm looking for I'm a size 7.5/8 US or about a 38 Euro. I'd hate to get my hopes up just to find out they're not my size!

*I would never normally spend such a large chunk of change on a pair of shoes. But because I am saving so much money on my dress and my FMIL is contributing more than I originally expected, it has opened up my budget and allowed for me to afford these. And unlike my dress, shoes can be worn way more than once. So if it's hard for you to imagine spending a ton of moolah on a pair of shoes, think of it as inverting the cost of my dress with the cost of my shoes (seriously, my dress is THAT cheap-details soon!). And to be completely honest, I deserve to splurge on at least one thing for my wedding day! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Woman! I follow you on the bee too (Im user KellyV) and this popped up in Google Reader...try one of these sites. I didnt see those exact shoes, but they update the styles like every day. I think Im ordering mine fomr here too =o) Ill post this to weddingbee too, unless you get this one. good luck!

    http://www.christianlouboutin123.com/Christian-Louboutin-Pumps/products-Christian-Louboutin-Pumps-886.html

    http://www.louboutinbox.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. found a few more...work is slow can ya tell?

    http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/louboutin/text_pics/ioffer/0/false

    http://www.ioffer.com/i/104380617

    all pink ones http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/louboutin%20pink/text_pics/ioffer/0/false

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Kelly! I'm going through all the links right now. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so "Sex and the City Carrie Bradshaw" right now :)

    ReplyDelete