Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Bridal Jewelry Lust

One of the many ways I'm cutting costs for the big day is through jewelry. I'm not a fine jewelry person because I usually lose or break it. I only buy cheap, fashion jewelry from places that frequently offer buy 2 get 1 free in the mall. I'm always warning Mr. Lab that the only expensive piece of jewelry I ever want to own is my engagement ring. So when it comes to wedding day and bridal party jewelry, I'm following my own instructions.

So began the search for the wedding jewelry. I knew I'd want something with a hint of pink in both my jewelry and the bridesmaids'. I happened to run across some gorgeous pink topaz drop earrings during one of my many Google searches.

Source

These earrings have gold in them, which isn't one of our colors, but I thought that they would blend in very nicely with the overall color palette and with my possible shoe choice. I was immediately thrilled that I may have found my earrings so quickly!

And then I saw their price: $525. Ouch.

Okay, maybe my search wasn't starting out too smoothly. But I still loved the pink and gold combination and decided to set off to the one-stop shop of inspiration with that color combo in mind: Etsy! There, I found not only a few choices for moi, but also for my girls! I even found a couple that have chocolate in them, to match our colors!



Click to enlarge!

Sources: left to right
Top: 1, 2, 3, 4
Bottom: 5, 6, 7, 8

How gorgeous are all of these?!? And they are all very reasonably priced. Even the more expensive ones come with a discount if you order a lot at once. It was hard sorting through so many beautiful pieces, but I think I may have my choices narrowed down to the ones I want for the bridesmaids and the pair I want for myself. But before I tell you which ones I picked, I want to know which ones would you choose?

2 comments:

  1. SUCH a tough choice, but my favorites are 6 and 8. I was going to say check Etsy, but I see you are a step ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freakin' LOVE Etsy! It's becoming a new obsession. I ended up choosing #5 for me and #6 for the BMs. So you were really close!

    ReplyDelete