Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Southern Sweethearts: Dancing With Our Stars

They may not be celebrities, but to us they're stars. So we made sure to set aside some time to dance with the two ladies that mean the world to us: our moms!

I lost my dad when I was a kid but still wanted to have that special dance at my wedding. So my mom filled in and we took the dance floor first.


Somebody's Hero by Jamie O'Neal


Photobucket

We originally planned to dance to "Brown Eyed Girl" but made the decision less than a month out to switch to "Somebody's Hero".

Needless to say, I had to pull some major "try not to cry" faces to avoid the "ugly cry" face.

I failed.

Photobucket

Mom and I both realized we were in a losing battle on the cry front, so we struck up a conversation instead.

Photobucket

"OMG. No she DIDN'T!
"

Still not convinced that we avoided the messy makeup cry, we invited some of my nieces onto the dance floor to finish up the song.

Photobucket

We made it through the song mascara-run-free. Then it was Mr. Lab and his mom's turn.



Twenty Years Late by Aaron Lines

Photobucket

Mr. Lab's sister watches on in the background.

Their dance was a little more drama-free. But it was so sweet to see them on the dance floor together. I know MIL Lab was just thinking about her baby boy being all grown up the whole time.

Photobucket

What special dances (other than the first dance) will you have at your wedding?

Previously on Southern Sweethearts:

Next Up: Some Standard Wedding Traditions

*All professional photos by Lindsi Jones Photography. Some images may have been slightly altered by moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment