Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Southern Sweethearts: Cocktails and a Private Dinner for Two

After a short trolley trip, we arrived at Savannah Station for our reception. Our wedding party joined the guests in the parlour who were already getting their drink on at the full bar.

Photobucket

Mr. Lab and I snuck in through the side door for a chance to take in the ballroom before the guests switched rooms. My DOC bustled my dress so I could walk around the room with more ease.

Photobucket

Not thrilled with my last minute DIY projects. The doggie table numbers didn't live up to their full potential, but were still cute and made me feel like our fur babies were with us in spirit.

Once we'd taken everything in, we sat down to a private dinner, just the two of us. I cannot tell you enough how important it is to have little moments alone on your wedding day. I know a lot of people don't want to miss their cocktail hour, but it didn't bother me at all. We just did our socializing during the actual dinner.

Photobucket

I made these seat markers out of clay, twine, and gold paint. It's one of the DIY projects I didn't get around to sharing with the hive.

While we were eating, the parlour was full of guests mingling at the bar, snacking on hor d'oeuvres and checking out the guest book/candy buffet table.

Photobucket

Our signature drinks in our wedding colors were a big hit! The Southern Gent was Southern Comfort and Coke (brown), the Southern Belle was heavier version of a cosmopolitan (pink), and our signature drink was a White Russian (obviously!). We also served beer and wine.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love seeing my pastor with a drink in his hand. Lutherans have no problem with a little liquor every now and then. ;)

Photobucket

Our mamas are now joined by marriage!

I am seriously bummed that the following photos were the only shots of the candy buffet, mason jars favors, and guest book table. There were no photos taken of the hor d'oeuvres which included yummy crab cakes, applewood smoked bacon-wrapped scallops, and a veggie platter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Guest photo. Also the only photo showing the entire parlour. :( This room was the #1 reason I booked the historic train station.

Are you having a cocktail hour? Will you be attending it or using that time for a private dinner or photos?

Previously on Southern Sweethearts:

Next Up: We officially kick off the reception with some non-traditional introductions!

*All professional photos by Lindsi Jones Photography. Some images may have been slightly altered by moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment