Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Southern Sweethearts: The Wedding Party Line-Up

Mr. Lab and I finished our private meal and gave the DOC the go-ahead to move guests into the ballroom. We snuck back out the side door and waited until the parlour cleared before sneaking back in for introductions.

Now, let me tell you about our wedding party (aka our best friends). But I'm going to do that using songs.

If you can remember way back to this post, I used a newsletter to ask our groomsmen and bridesmaids to pick out songs that summed up their personalities. Our baseball-style line up came together and one-by-one we were introduced.

Our best man Don got things started with a dramatic, double-fisting entrance:


Carl Orff Carmina Burana Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi O Fortuna
Skip to 1:25 to get the full effect!

Photobucket

Our matron of honor, Amanda, followed Don with a fun take on her favorite past-time: playing poker:


Poker Face by Lady GaGa


Photobucket

I love that the girls were already putting the "sole mates" to use!

Who's next? Is it a bird? A plane? No, it's just Super Jay!


Superman Theme Song


Photobucket

His wife and my new sister-in-law, Leslie, showed off some leg when she came in:


Starstruck by 3oh3

Photobucket

Trey, the same guy who posed backward for his mug shot, tried to make a smooth entrance but got tripped up on the door ledge. He just laughed it off like he meant to do it:


Jambi by Tool


Photobucket

Brittany, who I joke is my sister from another mister, got down with a choreographed dance:


Diva by Beyonce


Photobucket

Like Trey, Jimmy tried to play it smooth. And also like Trey, he tripped on the door ledge (even after laughing when Trey tripped!)


The Joker by the Steve Miller Band

Photobucket

Jimmy's wife, Brooke, unlike the boys, really did make a smooth entrance:


Super Massive Black Hole by Muse

Photobucket

Then my little brother, Phillip, got crunk:


All The Way Turned Up by Travis Porter

Photobucket

And Ashley got a little bossy:


I'm Bossy by Kelis


Photobucket

Finally, it was our turn. But wait! What's that I hear?


Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley

Photobucket

Doing my best Rick Astley shuffle. Mr. Lab was supposed to be doing the same but bailed and left me looking like an idiot. Way to support your new wife! :P

Did my wedding guests just get Rick Roll'd? Why yes, yes they did. :)

After the introduction we went straight into our first dance.


Better Together by Jack Johnson

Photobucket

Yes, we just did the awkward middle school sway as our wedding party looked on. Although I used to be a member of a dance company, Mr. Lab just isn't coordinated enough to attempt the awesome choreographed first dances...

Photobucket

Guest photo.

...but our first dance was perfect just the way it was.

Photobucket

Will you use a special way to introduce your wedding party?

Previously on Southern Sweethearts:

Next Up: We get our nom on!

*All professional photos by Lindsi Jones Photography. Some images may have been slightly altered by moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment