Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Boudoir Photography - My Wedding Gift To My Future Hubby!

I know I just made a post about keeping things secret from Chris, but I can't not post about his wedding gift! I'm doing a boudoir session with Lindsi and making Chris a "little black book" with the images. And because I'll be the guinea pig for Lindsi's first boudoir session, I'm getting an awesome rate!

If you've never heard of boudoir photography before, think of it as a risque version of a bridal portrait session. It's kind of like bridal pin-up. Depending on the bride's level of exhibition, these photos can range from fully clothed bridal lingerie to nothing at all. I'm going with a classy middle ground. ;)

Time for inspiration photos!

First up is traditional bridal boudoir. I'm definitely getting one set of lingerie all in white. Victoria's Secret is going to love me in a few months. And I may have to get a "prop" veil for the occasion as well. Maybe I can borrow one from one of my married friends? *cough*Amanda*cough*Leslie* :) I'll have to add some red lipstick to up the ante on the white lingerie.




Photo Source

Sexy/mysterious boudoir:




Photo Source



Photo Source



Photo Source

I love this photo! Probably too elaborate of an outfit for me to get my hands on something similar, but I love it nonetheless!



Photo Source

How cool would it be if I bought a wig and became a different person for a few of the photos. Might as well run with the "fantasy" of boudoir while I'm at it!



Photo Source

Theme boudoir. I absolutely love the sports' jersey photos. Chris will love that as well. I already have a UGA jersey and socks like this:



Photo Source

I like that this one showcases the ring as well:



Photo Source

I may have to channel my inner Jessica Simpson for this one. I have an apron that says "Domestic Diva" on the front. I'll definitely be playing with Chris's traditional side by doing a "housewife" photo.


We're planning on holding the session towards the end of summer when I'll be in better shape and have more free time. I'm scouting out hotels that have exceptional decor as the background for our shoot and I've already been scouring lingerie sites for ideas on my outfits. I'll keep everyone updated as the plans come together and of course, when I get the photos! As with the wedding dress photos, they'll be posted in my private Photobucket account until after I give Chris his gift.

6 comments:

  1. Okay...this is an awesome idea for a wedding gift! His eyes are gonna pop out of his head! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm hoping for! I'm going to give it to him the morning of the wedding (via messenger) so he'll be sure to show up at the altar. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That'll do it...and there won't be any problems gettin' in the mood for the honeymoon--lol! he'll be putty in your hands.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a piece of free advice, pick your photogapher carefully and get them tastefully done.

    Here's a sample of boudoir photos gone bad. Even funnier that this guy is doing this as a serious business:
    http://ultimatedestinationweddings.blogspot.com/2007/02/boudoir-photos-reality-check.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. BAHAHAHAHA! Gotta agree with the specializing in crack hos comment. Oh, that's horrible of me to say...yet SO true!

    No, I think I'm safe with my photographer!

    ReplyDelete