Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Own Little Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory

I love candy. I have a huge sweet tooth.

But a diet high in sugar doesn't exactly have a place in pre-wedding body preparation. So I've decided to put a light at the end of the wedding fitness tunnel in the form of a candy buffet at our reception! I get to have this night to splurge, so I'm not going to feel guilty about it at all.

One of Chris's classmates heard about my candy buffet plan and offered to lend me the jars she used at her wedding! That's a big check off my "purchases" list. She showed me a picture of the jars and they're absolutely gorgeous! Thanks Daphne! Here they are at her wedding:



Now I have to decide whether to do a monochromatic theme or variety of colors with the candy. And then I'll have to choose the types of candy after I do that. I could do a lot of "scooping" candy or traditional wrapped candies like you see in convenience stores. Not sure. I do know that there will be some salt water taffy in honor of Savannah! Here are some of my inspirations:



Photo Source



Photo by Me



Photo Source



Photo Source


I've also decided on our wedding favors! I really wanted something personal that fit in with not only our overall theme but also the season. Since it's an autumn wedding in the south, I chose candy apples! We can make them ourselves at a very low cost and they are absolutely charming. Who doesn't like candy apples? (okay, other than those with braces or a loose tooth or dentures, lol) More inspiration:




Photo Source

There should be a lot of updating coming soon. I did the Running of the Brides yesterday morning and I've found out how many tables I need at the reception so I can start on some DIY projects. Keep tuned!

3 comments:

  1. We're doing candied apples too! Yay for fall weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I just love fall. Perfect weather, excuses for candy (Halloween season), family get togethers (holidays), and cheaper prices for weddings (opposite from spring/summer). What's not to love? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy apples! How fun! Chocolate covered pretzels are a must have!

    ReplyDelete