Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Bridesmaid Dress Pick!

And the winner is...

The Jim Hjelm satin strapless ball gown with a "cashmere" color bodice, natural waist, inverted pleated skirt front and back & side pockets! The skirt color will be "driftwood" to match the guys' suits.


Style: jh5818

Amanda was able to try it on at the bridal salon we visited yesterday after the Running of the Brides. And although they only had one size in stock that swallowed her up, she still said (and I quote), "This is my favorite bridesmaid dress ever!" She's been in a lot of weddings, so that little comment made me feel really good. No girl wants to be "that" bride that ends up on wedding don't lists for issuing out hideous gowns.



Amanda's wearing the same color combo as pictured above (cashmere bodice & black skirt). I'm glad we looked at the color samples in the store because the mocha is basically black, so I'm going with the driftwood which is more light chocolate than it looks online. Hopefully the girls and guys will compliment each other. Here's the main inspiration for the guys' suits:



Photo Source

So if any of my girls are reading this, make sure to start making appointments to get your measurements taken at local bridal salons (this is free) so I can order the dresses. I would like to order the dresses all together for a couple reasons:

1. It insures that the color is identical because the ink will come from the same lot.
2. I can get discounts for ordering more than 4 gowns at once.
3. Jim Hjelm isn't found everywhere, so as long as I have your measurements, I can go order them at one store instead of having my girls try to find stores on their own. This saves them considerable time.
4. They all come in at the same time, so we don't have to worry about who's gotten theirs and who hasn't.

I'll probably set a date to have the gowns ordered and paid for according to how long it takes the store to get them in. So girls, don't worry about money for awhile. It'll probably be close to the end of summer before we need to start stressing about making sure they're paid for and whatnot.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! Will get on the measurements ASAP.

    ReplyDelete