Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Licensed To Wed

Finally! And the third time was the charm...
Attempt #1: Mr. Lab and I get all the way to the courthouse with our paperwork filled out and money ready to go. But then we realize we forgot our certificate proving we completed marriage counseling. Said certificate saves us $30. We decide that's plenty enough to wait until our officiant can mail us the required notarized form and try again.

Source

Attempt #2: We had the day off from classes because it was fall break. We waste away the day because it's fall break. We finally decide that we should get something done and go get our license. It is 4:26 pm. Courthouse doesn't process licenses after 4 pm.

Attempt #3: We're proud of ourselves because we have all our forms ready to go and we know this is our LAST CHANCE to get the license before the wedding (we live life on the edge). Despite Mr. Lab delivering some seriously bad news about our ceremony site right before we walk into the courthouse (much more on that later), I'm still looking forward to finally having the license in hand. But we forget the payment! So Mr. Lab had to take a quick trip to the ATM to get cash. Now here's the fun part...

I get hit on while waiting to get my marriage license!!!

An officer sees me waiting on a bench and shoots me a smile. I smile back politely and turn my attention away. But the officer walks right up to me and the following conversation ensues:

Officer: "Hi. I'm from out of town and was wondering where would be a good place to eat lunch?"
Me: "Well, there's a lot of options. If you want to stay downtown, you could hit Transmet. They have some great pizza."
Officer: "Hmmm, have you eaten lunch yet?"
(Seeing where this is going, I lie.) Me: "Yeah, just finished up."
Officer: "Would it have been a bad thing for me to have asked you to have lunch with me?"
Me: "Um....I'm actually getting my marriage license right now......"

AWWWK. WARD.


Officer: "Oh, well, he's a lucky guy. Congratulations." (turns and practically runs off)
Exactly one second later, Mr. Lab rounds the corner and walks right past the officer. He must have seen the tail-end of the conversation because he gave me a weird look. I explained what happened and he just gave a chuckle.

But yeah, we got our license and here's the proof:

We both hate this pic, but we're posting for the hive! ;)

ONE DAY!!! :D

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny! I got hit on in my office once by a firefighter and when I told him I was involved he also said the "Well, he's a lucky guy." I often wonder why they would say that...I mean, you don't know me, so all you are basing that off of is my looks...which makes you pretty shallow. Ok, I'll stop rambling now :)

    ReplyDelete