Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bubbles and Sparkles

I couldn't decide between having a bubble or sparkler exit, so I got greedy and decided to have both! :D

After the ceremony, we'll walk back down the aisle to a shower of bubbles from our guests:

Source

We were fortunate enough to get hand-me-down bubbles from friends who recently got married and didn't use all of their bubbles. We'll put the basket of bubbles (with cute little bells tied to them already) next to the programs at the ceremony with a note for our guests to start blowing them right before we walk back down the aisle.

Then our second fancy exit will be after nightfall:

Source

It'll be the send off to our after party on River Street! I think the sparklers will totally help accessorize my reception dress. ;)

But we needed a way to display the sparklers! The bubbles practically took care of themselves but you can't just lay out sparklers on a table! So I grabbed a couple empty coffee containers and ripped off the labels:


Used leftover spray paint to give them a face lift:


Stuffed some foam into the center (Mr. Lab did this part for me):


Tossed some very appropriate Savannah-esque moss on top:


Then jammed the sparklers into the cans to form a pretty arrangement:


Wah-lah! Sparkler display on a budget! About $5 for 2 to be exact (the sparklers cost $34 for 60).

Are you doing more than one fancy exit?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lani -

    Having had experience with the sparklers...make sure you have a bucket or something to place the used sparklers in afterward so that clean up is easier. Also, double check with vendor (if you haven't already) that sparklers aren't against fire code. So excited!!

    -Brooke

    ReplyDelete