Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

ROCK-ing the Wedding Bands.

There wasn't any music, but I sure was dancing today. Why? Cause I bought Mr. Lab's wedding ring! Woot! AND I got it at an AMAZING steal! Double woot!

Mr. Lab came to visit me and his mom (remember, I'm staying with FMIL Lab during my internship) for the weekend and we decided to get some much needed wedding tasks done while he was in town. So we worked on our registries (our first shower is coming up in a few weeks!), mailed the save the dates, and met with our officiant (more on all of those later!).

The last thing we did was stop into Zales to peruse the men's section. I took the opportunity to have my filthy ring cleaned as Mr. Lab began trying on rings. I must say, I was very surprised at how much interest he took in the matter. He already knew he wanted a ring that was very simple and manly, but he began grilling the lady at the counter about millimeter size, fit, and metal choices. After about 15 minutes, we knew exactly what we wanted. We left the store to head straight back home and hop on the internet. That's right, we didn't buy from the store. We used them to find out Mr. Lab's ring size and metal preference then went straight to Amazon.com where we bought this bad puppy:


Best part? I got it for $24 shipped! They were having a 20% off sale plus free shipping! When we found this one on Amazon, he fell in love with it immediately. I felt weird about buying a ring for so little, but he assured me that this was what he wanted. So with just a few clicks of the mouse, it is now on its way to us! If he happens not to like it, Amazon has an amazing return policy, so no worries.

Mr. Lab loved the look and feel of tungsten the best. As soon as he picked out that particular metal, I knew we were looking at overpriced rings in the store. Zales sells their tungsten rings for $200-300! Here's one of the rings that he tried on in the store that is very similar to the one we purchased. We're still trying to figure out why there's such a big gap in the prices...

Source

I've heard that the only real downside of tungsten is that the ring is nearly indestructible. This can be very scary for emergency situations. I don't want Mr. Lab to risk a finger if something were to go wrong (God forbid!), so I did a little research and found this great tutorial on emergency removal of a tungsten ring:



So now it's a win-win all around! I joke with Mr. Lab that his ring is the perfect reflection of him: strong and cheap! Trust me, if you saw Mr. Lab with his money, you'd think the same! ;)

So what about my wedding ring? Well after all that trash talk about Zales, I should come clean with the fact that my band actually came from them! Mr. Lab bought my ring as a set, so I've had it since we got engaged. The band fits snugly underneath the engagement ring:



Sources

I'm really happy that we don't have to go on a search to find my wedding band. The set option was one of the reasons why we decided on this particular ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment