Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Friday, May 15, 2009

My Ring, The Model.

Once again I spent a boring day at home. I decided to break up the monotony by doing what so many bees before me have done: take some artistic shots of my e-ring. It's like a rite of passage! Besides, my last mention of my ring broke the first rule of Weddingbee PRO Anne Ruthmann's tutorial on amazing engagement ring shots. I couldn't leave you guys with those amateur shots to remember my ring by!

So with the help of some items laying around the house and editing on iPhoto and Picnik.com, I came up with these new photos using my Sony Cyber-shot!

*WARNING* My ring was being a camera whore, so you'll have to excuse the number of photos. I took over 100 photos of her and narrowed it down to the 12 you're about to see!



This is a picture holder with a champagne bucket base. I had to play around with the adjustable threshold in Picnik until I couldn't see the pole for attaching a photo sticking up out it.



Sitting in the faux flowers that hang in sconces in our living room.



Some scrapbooking supplies left over from my FSIL's album I made for her engagement (still haven't finished it! eek!).



Sitting on top of crafting rhinestones. Used a focal zoom in Picnik for the effect.



This was by far the hardest photo to get. I had to use some tacky stuff (the only color I had was yellow) to keep the ring upright. I used a focal soften to draw the eye to the ring. I'm guessing the yellow down the middle is from the tacky stuff after I hit auto fix?





For these two I used the holga-ish option on Picnik. Both of these were taken on the same picture frame.



My graduation tassle.



This one was done using the 1960's option. The ring is on a fake rose petal shaped like a heart.



Cinematic scope on Picnik. The ring is on a button I wore for New Year's.



Vibrance mode with rounded edges. These are the shoes I was wearing we I got engaged! Pink's my fave color. :)



I used gritty & holga-ish on this. My ring is sitting on top of a picture frame that houses the first picture we took as an engaged couple!



I love MAC. Created using orton-ish on Picnik.



I shouldn't have to tell you what this is!

2 comments: