Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Southern Sweethearts: Spooky Guests and One Last Fling

The riverboat docked and we said goodbye to some of our rehearsal dinner guests who wanted to call it a night. But a few brave souls stuck around for the next event on our jam-packed wedding eve: the ghost tour!

Just before we hopped on the Old Town Trolley Tours to go on their “Ghosts and Gravestones Frightseeing Tour”, I heard a loud popping noise in the distance.

I turned around and saw this:


Fireworks!

I felt like the Savannah was congratulating us! It was so random to see fireworks on a Friday in November. We stopped to enjoy the show before boarding the trolley.

Mr. Lab and I get ready to be spooked!

That ghost tour didn't know what hit it. Our group took up more than half the seats and we were quite the giggling, tequila-liquored bunch.

See what I mean?

I've been on a ghost tour before in Savannah and it was pretty creepy. But with all of us cracking inappropriate jokes about the poor souls the tour was about, it was actually just plain funny most of the time.

BUT...there was some convincing creepiness. Like photo evidence of a "Confederate ghost":


Oh, you don't see it? Lemme highlight that for ya. Don't forget to click the photo to make it bigger and scare the mess out of you.


And then the was the famous EVP recording in the basement of the Sorrel-Weed house. The show "Ghost Hunters" visited the home and did all their "testings" to prove paranormal existence.

The last photo we took before screaming like little girls.

As the tour guide was telling us the story about the recording Ghost Hunters did, she exited the room, closed the doors, and turned off the lights. Then we heard the famous recording. Clicky below to hear it.



The recording ended and I had goosebumps at this point. We were in complete darkness and out of nowhere the doors to our right started rattling!


Everyone screamed bloody murder!!!

Come to find out, groomsman Trey (a Savannah native who'd been on the tour before), had locked our tour guide out of the room and she was just trying to get back in! He swears up and down that he thought he was unlocking the door, not locking it! Whatever Trey. Thanks for the tinkle in my pants.

We made our way outside to finish up the tour and compose ourselves.


Ahhh, we're soooo scared!

Um, is that orb a ghost trying to follow us home so it can crash our wedding?

The ghost tour was over and it was time to make our way to the hotel to end the night. But my girls weren't having it. It was my last night as a single lady and we couldn't just go to bed!

So the first thing we did was "get back" at Mr. Lab for having an over the top bachelor party at a strip club in Atlanta. We spotted some hot firefighters and decided to get a picture with them to make Mr. Lab jealous.

But the really hot ones didn't want to pose for photos. :( They probably had an inkling it would end up on a website somewhere... ;)

When we finally arrived at the hotel, we made our way to the bar and had a free round of cocktails thanks to a coupon we got at check in.


And after my girls told the bartenders it was the night before my wedding, they offered me a "blow job".



And you know me, when I haz the drinks, I haz to dance:


Since the firefighters let me down, we got the bartenders to make up for it!



Don't worry, Mr. Lab has seen these photos and thinks we're even now! ;)

Finally, it was time to start calling it a night. Brittany and I made a quick stop to the ladies' room on the way back and naturally, we had to take a photo while in there. (Don't hate. You'd take photos in every nook of the gorgeous Mansion too if you were there!)


When we got back into the room, we all decided to order a pizza. Good thing we were starving:




I took my pizza over to the corner and got to work on the final last-minute items and emails. I probably stayed up until about 4 am that night. I don't know how in the world I was functioning on the wedding day...


How late did you stay up the night before your wedding? Brides-to-be, are you setting a curfew for yourself?

Previously on Southern Sweethearts:
Southern Belles Do Tea
A Rude Vendor Interrupts Our Rehearsal
We Have Dinner on the Savannah River
Next Up: Our Wedding Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment