Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Southern Sweethearts: Dinner on the River

As soon as the rehearsal wrapped up, we hopped in cars and raced through Savannah's historic squares to River Street. We had a boat to catch and it was scheduled to leave the dock any minute!

Quick photo op before boarding!

Some of the guys must have gotten lost on the way to River Street because we had to hold the riverboat to wait on them. (Like, I literally kept standing on the ramp to the boat to make sure they didn't depart without my entire party!). They all made it and we were able to leave just a couple minutes late.

But we were still missing four very important people.

My oldest brother and his family didn't make it in town in time for the dinner. Not only did we not get to catch up (he was on a rare leave from Iraq), but MIL Lab paid for 4 unused and very expensive dinner tickets. :(

Once on the boat, I found my ladies who had saved a spot AND a cocktail for me!

The classic Cosmopolitan. My girls KNOW me. :)
PS. Who's ready for SATC2?!? THIS girl is!!!

My right hand gals.

Before I knew it, we were off and sailing away into the night!

Look! We're moving!!!

I wish I had thought to take photos of all the yummy food! It was served buffet style and I scarfed all of mine down since I had hardly eaten the entire day.

After dinner, it was photo time. Our always conscientious groomsman Jimmy took most of the photos in this post. Thanks Jimmy!

Mama Lab and I pose with our pastor and his wife. He just retired this Easter and I'm so sad I won't hear his great sermons anymore. :(

Of course Mr. Lab and I have to take photos together!

Best man Don and his wife Meredith.

Bridesmaids Ashley and Brooke!

Family time!

Mr. Lab with his mom and sister.

Me with my siblings and mom. Just missing my oldest brother... :(

I'm a sucker for photo-in-a-photo photos! :P

Mr. Lab's family is very small. It's practically just him, his mom, and his sister. But my family's size definitely makes up for it! He had fun taking photos with his soon to be nieces! (And this isn't even ALL of them! There's two more plus a nephew!)

Haleigh, one of our flower girls and probably Mr. Lab's biggest fan. I'll have to watch this one when she gets older because I'm convinced she's in love with him!

Abbi, one of our Junior Bridesmaids.

Autumn, the other Junior Bridesmaid.

The riverboat had a live band that broke out some sombreros and maracas and encouraged Mr. Lab and his brother-in-law to make fools of themselves on the dance floor.



Forced awkward booty shaking in front of mothers and small children. Mission Accomplished.

And then Best Man Don bought a round of tequila shots. PATRON tequila shots. That kid is a balla.

This...


...led to this:


We ended our cruise by going upstairs to the deck and watching the other boats on the river pass us by as we docked. We might have also pulled up I'm On A Boat on someone's iPhone and had a sing-a-long...maybe.


We had a blast on the Savannah River Queen and no one even got seasick!

Previously on Southern Sweethearts:
Southern Belles Do Tea in Labrador in Wonderland
A Rude Vendor Interrupts Our Rehearsal
Next up: The Ghost Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment