Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Nailing" Down A Simple Task

This weekend I inadvertently completed a minor wedding task while preparing for another wedding-related event: my bachelorette party! I can't write about the party until I get photos back from my girls, but I can sure tell you about that minor task in the meantime! :)

*Cue overly dramatic drum roll for said minor task!*

I finally picked out my wedding day nail polish color!

Since getting engaged, every time I needed a manicure I'd use it as an excuse (aka "research") to try a new shade of nail polish for the wedding. I'd run around for a few weeks imagining it with my wedding ensemble until it had finally chipped away to the point of no return. Then I'd wait until I could come up with a good enough reason to shell out $15-25 for another manicure (usually for a wedding shower/party/etc.). I had just about given up finding the perfect shade (nearly opting to go with the good ol' french mani standby) when I stumbled upon this absolutely gorgeous line of OPI nail colors fit for any bride with a romantic, fairytale-style wedding in mind!


Source

And just like *that*, I had my wedding day nail polish! It ties in perfectly with my skin tone and the muted pinks in our wedding color palette.


Isn't it purdy?!?

But there's a slight problem. Apparently I had picked a popular shade. The name of the shade had been worn away beyond recognition on the bottle. So now I have a perfect nail color with no name! My nails will certainly need to be touched up again before the wedding so that means I only have one of two options: 1.) Make sure I go back to the exact same salon and hope and pray they still have that same color or 2.) Find the color on my own, buy it, and take it to whatever salon I use for the wedding.

Thankfully, OPI's website has this handy (hah, get it, "hand"-y?!) little feature called "Try It On" where you can get an idea of what a particular shade will look like on you. I'm hoping I may have found my mysterious wedding color:


Source

I'm really sad that I feel in love with a nameless color. I just hope I can channel my inner Nancy Drew and solve this case before it's time for my final pre-wedding mani!

No comments:

Post a Comment