Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Dressing My Little Ladies: 3 Down, 2 To Go

I'm slowly checking off the gazillion and one items on my wedding to-do list as the days quickly tick down. The latest accomplishment was settling on 3/5ths of my niece-entourage's attire. After some serious lusting over Miss Ramen's flower girl dress find, I set out on my own search for the cutest little dresses I could find to fit my cheek-squeezin' worthy gals. I'm extremely excited about my finds and am secretly envious of all the dresses, especially this one with its precious rosettes:


Source

That adorable frock will adorn this adorable kid:

Lab Niece Morgan

Lab Niece Morgan is the youngest of my five (yeah, count 'em, 5!) nieces. She just turned 3 and will be a sort of "honorary" flower girl. I got to meet Morgan the moment she came into this world. I stayed with my older sister (her mother) for around 9 hours waiting for Morgan to be born. I haven't gotten to know her as much as my other nieces due to a busy work & school schedule, but I know that I'll always have a special bond with her because I was one of only two people (me & her daddy) allowed in the delivery room when she graced us with her presence. I can't believe she's growing up so fast and already talking so much! I love how she never hesitates to tell you how much she loves you!

This next dress will be modeled by my two 8 year old nieces, the "official" flower girls.


To snazz it up a bit, they'll be carrying their pink pomanders and I'll supply them with pink flower headbands (not sure whether that will be a DIY project yet). I think all 3 of the little girls will wear flats of some sort, but I'm not going to get anal about them being matchy-matchy.

Btw, here's the faces of my little "models"!

Lab Niece Mary Elizabeth

Lab Niece Mary Elizabeth is such a quirky girl. She has this mesmerizing deep voice that makes you want to believe she'll grow up into the next Joss Stone. She has such a beautiful and vibrant soul and when she smiles you can't help but to feel warm inside. And I know she'll be picture ready all day long. When you take a picture of her, she always says "CHEEEEEESE!", even when you didn't ask! She's my oldest brother's daughter.

Lab Niece Haleigh

Lab Niece Haleigh is best described as the "Scarlett O'Hara" of nieces. She has southern charm with a bit of sass. Her accent is too cute! It has so much twang you'd swear it was fake (even worse than mine for those of you who heard me on BeeTV, lol)! It's hard not to give this girl what she wants with a face and personality like that. She already has Mr. Lab wrapped around her finger and never leaves his side when we visit.

It was really important to me to find dresses that would last more than one day for the girls. My older sister alone is "supplying" 3 of the 5 girls, so I didn't want to burden her with huge run-of-the-mill flower girl dresses that can't be worn again because the kids will outgrow them (unless your wedding is close to Christmas or Easter). And although these dresses we settled on were a little bit pricier than I had hoped to find, everyone loves them!

Now for the other 2/5ths of that niece-entourage...my junior bridesmaids! I thought I was done with the search for ALL the girls' dresses when I ran across this cute and complimentary dress:



Source

I was going to add champagne sashes to go along with the bridesmaids' colors. I thought the dresses would be perfect on my shorter nieces (adding a bit of length down to the knee) and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that they were on sale from $50 to $20! Too good to be true, right? Sure was. Macy's had already sold out of the chocolate version. :(

So now I've been combing the internet looking for a suitable replacement with no luck. I'd love if any of you could help me out! I'm looking for something that compliments the bridesmaids while still being age appropriate. Here's a refresher of the bridesmaids' dresses if it helps (picture the skirt in chocolate):


So anything with chocolate or champagne is good but I'd prefer the same "trapeze"-style dress of my inspiration photo so all the little ones compliment each other. Thanks so much in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment