Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Mini-moon" Options

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :) I can't believe I only get one V-Day as an engaged girl. :(

Chris and I were discussing possible mini honeymoon, or "mini-moon", options today. We're forgoing a traditional honeymoon for a few reasons. The main reason is because we'd rather have Chris's mom help with wedding costs than with a honeymoon that we can pay for later (it's traditional for the groom's parents to pay for the honeymoon, btw). Chris will also be starting his physical therapy clinicals around then and I'll be finishing my last class for my broadcast news degree (I'll basically be working with the news station UGA just bought, WNEG, two days a week in the fall). So neither one of us wants to take off too much time from school for a honeymoon, especially since the holidays will be right around the corner. At a later date when we have some time and money, we will travel to Europe for our "real" honeymoon. We both have always wanted to visit places like Rome and Paris. We're figuring that we'll have the money for a two week vacation in Europe before our 5 year anniversary.

In the meantime, we do think it is important to get away and spend some time together, just the 2 of us, immediately after the wedding. So we've been brainstorming some relatively inexpensive and short honeymoons we could take. We finally narrowed it down to 2 choices and are having our friends and family now help us with the final decision. 


Charleston is on our short list for places we'd love to live one day. Problem is, I've never been there! We thought it would be a fun place to go so we could not only visit such a gorgeous and historic city, but also "test-run" it for future possibilities. Another plus to this city: it's only a couple of hours away from Savannah so getting there and back would be a snap! Not to mention that it has a lot of the same features we love about Savannah, so we're sure to have a great time.

Option 2: Disney World

Do I really have to say much about Disneyworld? It's freakin' Disneyworld! haha Because of the economic downturn, they're constantly offering discounts and we would be going during an "off-season" time right before the holiday travels start up. So we know that we could get some great deals and be able to see all the parks for a low rate. The only real problem with going to Orlando would be the drive time from Savannah to the parks then back home to Athens.

We really want some feedback from people who have gone to either of these places recently and would like to give their reasons why we should pick one over the other. I'm especially wanting to hear from anyone who's been to Charleston since I've never been. So, I now open the floor to debate! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ryan and I did a honeymoon in Disney World and yeah, the drive times does suck, but it was SO WORTH IT! We had so much fun! And it was inexpensive, too, especially because we stayed in a hotel close by (only $35 a night maybe, and it wasn't scary or gross at all and only a mile away from the entrance), and we packed food to take into the parks everyday so we wouldn't be paying their outrageous prices to eat! This one gets my vote, hands down. I can't wait to go back again with Corbin someday. :)

    ReplyDelete