Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Monday, February 9, 2009

The Inevitable Post About Wedding Fitness

What's wedding planning without talk of getting into shape for the big day? :D

As most of you know, I'm really into health and fitness. But since the start of the 2008-2009 school year, I've somehow managed to fall off that bandwagon. I tried to take on too many extracurriculars and ended up putting my health on the back burner. I paid for it too in the form of 10 extra pounds and 3 straight months of bronchitis that I still haven't completely shaken. Now that I have an incredibly motivating factor to get me back to my old ways, I'd decided to give it another go.

My fitness goals are probably a lot higher in standard than most girls my age/size. I don't strive to be "skinny". I strive to have a lean, muscular body that looks good in any outfit. I love walking up UGA's north campus steps without hyperventilating. I love being the girl in the gym that clearly lifts the heaviest weights. Now I want to be the girl who looks so good in her (FREE) wedding dress that everyone wonders just how I did it and comes to me for advice.

So how will I do it? With a LOT of hard work and determination. It will takes months, not weeks, to get to my goals. I would say that getting my dream body will be about 90% sheer mental willpower. I've done it before but this time I'm pushing myself harder. I'm going to eat clean (thanks to my new cookbook!), lift heavy, and dutifully perform my cardio requirements every week (I HATE CARDIO, lol) for the other 10% needed for success.

I used to keep a blog with my fitness journey, but this time around I'm keeping it to myself. I'll post updates now and again for accountability. My matron of honor is in this with me, so I have a support buddy (and I'm some of my other girls will be there for me). Not to mention the king of fitness, my very own fiance, will definitely keep me in check.

For those of you who may think I look fine now, just wait until November! I can only hide in my winter clothes for so long before this Georgia heat exposes where I've been keeping all my "hibernation fat". ;)

And just for anyone who is curious, here's my lifting split and daily nutrition macros:

1. Chest/Triceps/Abs/Cardio
2. Back/Biceps/Cardio
3. Shoulders/Calves/Abs/Cardio
4. Off Day
5. Legs
6. Cardio/Abs
7. Cardio

Lifting days:
1800 calories:
45g Fat, 160g Carbs, 190g Protein

Non-lifting days:
1600 calories:
45g F, 110g C, and 190g P

Boring post, I know. But it's a necessary evil, haha. Let me know if you ever have any questions about jumpstarting your own lifestyle change!

2 comments:

  1. I have tons of questions about changing my lifestyle if you ever want to help me out! I have a freaking gym membership but I'm so lost as to where to start and what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definitely want to help! Just send me a message on Facebook and we'll go from there! :D

    ReplyDelete