Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Southern Sweethearts: Becoming a Blushing Bride

The day had finally arrived!

I awoke sleep-deprived and very confused because there were some weird noises coming from the bathroom. The other girls woke up to the same noise and we realized my MOH was taking a bath in the enormous tub. We had a good laugh and joked about her sounding like a trapped dolphin splashing around.

Soon after that, my FSIL called to tell us she was on the way to take me to my hair appointment. She had opted to stay at her house the night before and was bringing my dress and shoes when she came to pick me up. But she couldn't find the shoes (which were supposed to be with the dress) and so began the Great Missing Louboutins Saga! And just to start the day off with a little more drama, the only place FSIL could find to do my hair was across town, costing us precious hours off my wedding day timeline. But at least the salon did a fabulous job on my hair!


When we got back to the hotel, I opened the door to chaos.


The room was FULL of people bustling around. The photographers and videographers were there, all the maids, my mom, FMIL, and makeup artist. Thirteen people crammed into the room, eight of whom were trying to get ready for a wedding. It was a bit overwhelming, but so exciting at the same time.


Because the hair salon was so far away, we got a bit of a late start with makeup and photos. I had hoped to be able to use the getting ready time as a chance to relax and take in the day, but all I could do was think about all the things that still needed to be done and the stuff I knew wasn't going to get done. I also wanted to eat lunch and drink my Sofia Mini Blanc de Blancs wine I purchased for the gals while getting ready. No such luck. :(

I didn't get to eat (other than two glazed donuts on the ride to the hair salon) and didn't want to drink on an empty tummy before the wedding. Ladies, no matter what, find time to eat!


We had a hard time with one of the false lashes. It took what seemed like forever to make it stick!


Finally! Makeup was done! And Jules did a fabulous good job as well! I was officially a "blushing bride". :D

I also got a chance to take a few quick sips from my Sofia mini (because I didn't spend $4 a pop on them NOT to get at least a sip!). AND because I'm the Bride, that's WHY! :P


As soon as I was done in the bathroom, the other gals took over and sped to get ready.



One of the few times MOH Amanda sat down during the day. But notice, she has phone in hand, probably getting ready to touch base with the DOC again. She was my lifesaver!

I can't remember much from the getting ready, but the one thing I DO remember is being on the phone with the boys A LOT. I called from all the girls' phones trying to catch the boys off guard and get in contact with my soon-to-be-hubby. But they had a similar "no-phone" policy for Mr. Lab, and I kept getting groomsmen. I tried my best to see how far along they were in getting ready so we could start photos, but I kept getting the run-around.

Turns out, they didn't realize I was being serious about the formal photos because they thought one of our photographers was going to be showing up to take photos of them getting ready first. But that never happened, so they kept putting off getting ready not realizing no one was coming. They didn't finally get dressed until they found out we were on our way to take photos in a nearby park. Ah, drama drama drama. :)


I helped the other girls into their dresses while eying my own. I put on my accessories while the girls made finishing touches to their outfits.


And then it was time to add the ultimate finishing touch to my wedding day attire. The dress:


But you'll have to wait until next time to see me in it. ;)

Okay okay! I won't leaving you hanging completely:


*All photos by Lindsi Jones Photography. Some images have been slightly altered by moi.

Previously on Southern Sweethearts:
Southern Belles Do Tea
A Rude Vendor Interrupts Our Rehearsal
We Have Dinner on the Savannah River
A Spooky Ghost Tour and My Last Fling
Our Wedding Trailer
Next Up: I Shimmy Into My eBay Dress!

1 comment:

  1. All these pictures are beautiful! I can't wait to see more wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete