Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Anchor Do.

Happy New Year everyone!

Oh wait, I missed it?

Yeeeaaah.... it's been a minute. You know, I always wondered why some of the Bees blamed married life for their absence in the recap world. Aren't they busiest DURING the wedding planning?!?

Well, now that I'm on the other side of the fence, I suddenly get it! If you think about it, we usually plan our weddings around other life changing events. My wedding happened to coincide with graduation, a new job, and a move to another city. I'm currently living apart from Mr. Lab (again!) while he finishes his classes and I settle into my new job. A new job that I'm in my 3rd week of and already racked up nearly 15 hours of overtime...

So my point is, believe the Bees when they blame married life for the lapse in posting! (And blame the pro photos taking forever to come in!)

Anyhoo, I'm here to discuss a common topic post-wedding: the CHOP. As in, the post wedding haircut. Yup, I gots me one! But not for the reasons that most new wives do.

I took the plunge for my chosen career path.

As a television reporter, long hair isn't very fun around a microphone clipped to your collar. You constantly have to adjust your hair and still run the risk and it brushing the mic and making funny noises on air. Not to mention, shorter hair just looks more professional on TV (unless you have your own personal stylist which I have not had the luxury of acquiring at this point in my very young career).

So I went from this:




To this:

(Excuse the gross non-made up face. This was EARLY in the morning!)


The best part was that my haircut was FREE! My MIL's boyfriend's daughter Caitlin is in cosmetology school and offered to cut it for me. Yeah, I know that was a HUGE risk, but this girl is one of the most stylish people I know and I had a gut feeling that she just knew what she was doing. I had 1000% faith in her and wanted to give her a chance to hone her skills. Well, my risk paid off!


What Caitlin was working with. My hair is naturally curly and it gets even curlier without the weight of the extra length.

It ended up shorter than I originally wanted but she did such a good job that I wasn't cringing at all with the result. The worst part was the first snip:


R.I.P. Hair

And although I did it for the "anchor do", I was ready for a change. It's been 5 years since I've had anything other than a trim. I'm loving the new cut!


And if I ever long for the long hair again, I'll just break out my GaGa wig. ;)


Are you planning to get a PWC (post-wedding chop)? Will it be for a change or for a job?

2 comments:

  1. I've already planned on how I want to cut my hair after our wedding in 2011. :) I'm always doing different things with my hair, so keeping it longer has been a challenge when I've seen alot of cute shorter hair styles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your skin is radiant even with no makeup. Congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete