Content Disclaimer

I've collected several photos through the image search feature on Google. If any of the featured images are yours, please contact me so I can add a credit if I haven't done so already. I will also gladly remove an image upon request. And please return the favor of crediting: if you use one of my photos, please link back to me! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ornamental Inspiration: Labrador Edition

When I first heard about this new series the Bees were doing, I immediately knew I wanted a pink and gold ornament to work with. Why? (Confession alert!) Because I sorta kinda wish I had made my wedding colors rosey pink, gold, and champagne. Making this board was really fun, but now I'm kinda jealous of my own creation!



This ornament is SO me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE anything pink and glitzy and (as Carrie said to Samantha in the Sex and the City movie) "a little too much". Working off that sentiment, I decided to make a wedding inspiration board fit for a princess.

First, the colors!

Palette made using Color Combos.com

And now...the inspiration board!


I imagine this wedding taking place in late January/early February at a grand chateau on a French countryside. I'm absolutely in love with Grace Kelly's bridal look (and style in general) and the Rose & Ruby bridesmaids' dresses.

Then, as I was looking for a ring to add to the board, I ran across "rose gold". Um, can I just say that I'm very glad I didn't know about this type of ring BEFORE I got engaged? I would have driven myself crazy looking for one like this in our price range (The one pictured is a whopping $129,500 for the set! I told you guys, "a little TOO much". :P)

For dessert, there would be a champagne toast and macaroon favors (ala Mrs. Perfume) to accompany the wedding cake.

Ah, a girl can dream right? ;)

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment